Thread: Shareaza Lite?

sukhg321
    Will there be like a Shareaza Lite which will increase the speed so that there is no participation level or credit system (or whateva) just like Edonkey Lite and Overnet lite?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Not likely -- that would break compatibility with those networks.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    If it bothers you use one of those 2, faster than Shareaza anyway.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Ya quite true shareaza suckzzzzzzzzz
    BTW G1 and G2 networks all suck as well!!!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by sukhg321@5 February 2004 - 16:51
    Will there be like a Shareaza Lite which will increase the speed so that there is no participation level or credit system (or whateva) just like Edonkey Lite and Overnet lite?
    No. Even if there was a Shareaza Lite, all other Edonkey clients would block all connections with it because it would be labeled as a 'leech client'.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    sukhg321
    Ok tnx Jst wondering & Yep Shareaza's a crap client coz its soooo slow. Oh well i best get another client? What's the difference between overnet and edonkey. They say that overnet is better coz it connects to the Overnet network but dosen't Edonkey do that anyways? And on top of that it also connects to the edonkey network. So wudn't Edonkey be a better client than overnet coz it will have more sources available? I'm confused

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I edonkey and overnet I never got a single download completed, wher in shareaza i get 99.9% of my downloads from there. What matters is the server you connect to. I'm not going 2go into more details. overnet is supposed to be better than edonkey somehow, but I found no difference. In shareaza I connect to servers with high number of leaves 50000+ and the ones that I found good and have more sources than others by experience. Results would definity vary, because of locations,srvers,clients,firewalls...
    btw: don't 4get to setup ur firewall to allow shareaza from connecting to edonkey. It is really essencial to do so, otherwise you will not be able to connect to the fast and good servers.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    crap crap crap tryed it and it wouldnt even connect to all of the networks, i forget which one it was though was it gnutella or....., i dont know i for got o wait gnutella was morpheus 4.0, or i dont remember whatever, i remember it sucking though
    Signature removed, please check the board rules

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    gnutella network basically suckzzz....
    I would rather some other network than waiting in queue for days...

M2P2P is good but only for songs(mp3,ogg,etc all audio files)
    DC++ is goodd....
    MIRC is damn fast&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    FT lot of fakes, ut very fast ofcourse..

So its upto u to decide which network, but defn not Gnutella network