Thread: Alternate Style = Change Google Style ...

TRshady
    Hey all, Im making a new design which uses just css (Its current progress) but have came over a problem I'm not to sure about. As there are two different styles, how would I go about having different colours for the google ads?

For example, when changing to 'sewage' ... how can I also make the google ad script change from blue/orange to the matching green and red colours?

Anyone know of a way?

Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    h1
    Your links are all broken, Tony.

And I don't think you can, the ad showing script is on Google's site.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Well I doubt it as well. You can always customize those ad's in adsense but customizing your way is quite not possible. What kind of code does google adsense gives you?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    TRshady
    The site links aren&#39;t set up yet which explains why there broken, but lemme explain the problem a bit better. The javascript code for adding adverts to your site include this:

google_color_border = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_link = "FF6600";
    google_color_url = "0000FF";
    google_color_text = "333333";
    So I was thinking of a way of having two codes in two different .txt files which have different colours set, and some sort of if/else php script that if the &#39;default&#39; style sheet is being used, then load ad1.txt which has the code set up to match the colours. So if the &#39;sewage&#39; stylesheet is being used, then the php scripts includes ad2.txt and then colours all match up.

So I would need the stylesheet name to be set as a variable and then compared, which I&#39;m sure would work ..... hopefully this makes things a bit clearer.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    I think you might be able to do it. If you set those colors to different variables and the variables get the values from a css file. When you change the skin a different css is called. It should be doable.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    h1
    You could also just change the script variables and redraw the ad.