Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This So Called "community"

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    James bond Rulez is right

nothing more pisses me off then a Post deletion and a non explanation

with jetje he posts to say that he deleted a Post for such and such which i think is great

as for smotch comments she is right this place is Admin Mods vs members. not a file sharing talk discussion we talk more about what frigging changes are on this board then talk about file sharing in general.

Just take a look in the lounge now about 7 topics on the first page to do with 7th or a change to the board or someone screaming at a mod

as I said before its like football once the referee has made his decision theres no point bitching to him he won't change it.......-

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 10:45
    The more Chaos the better I always say.I love this Place.

Keep up the Flameing and the Bitching.This has been one of the best Weekends this Forum has ever seen.
    So true but rather sad as well...

Perhaps 7th has stirred us up intentionally like a bunch of puppets.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by REALITY+8 February 2004 - 13:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 8 February 2004 - 13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 10:45
    The more Chaos the better I always say.I love this Place.

Keep up the Flameing and the Bitching.This has been one of the best Weekends this Forum has ever seen.
    So true but rather sad as well...

Perhaps 7th has stirred us up intentionally like a bunch of puppets.
    [/b][/quote]

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@8 February 2004 - 22:32
    James bond Rulez is right

nothing more pisses me off then a Post deletion and a non explanation

with jetje he posts to say that he deleted a Post for such and such which i think is great

as for smotch comments she is right this place is Admin Mods vs members. not a file sharing talk discussion we talk more about what frigging changes are on this board then talk about file sharing in general.

Just take a look in the lounge now about 7 topics on the first page to do with 7th or a change to the board or someone screaming at a mod

as I said before its like football once the referee has made his decision theres no point bitching to him he won&#39;t change it.......-
    There is a big difference between bitching and suggesting changes.

This is how it was:

I changes the design and merged it with the new areas. A few people (and I mean a few) went mad and started with personal attacks like "since 7th hosts the board the stats drop" or maybe "7th only cares about HIS site and not about the community" and so on.

Many people started to post oversized images to protest (and that was before any suggestion was posted), they posted .................... dots to make topics wide etc.

I don&#39;t think this is the right way to show that people don&#39;t like something.

How you get my attention:

Explain your problem and if possible make a suggestion how YOU would fix the problem. Don&#39;t be selfish and just say: "Give us the old skins back" cause that&#39;s not the way it works. If I see a valid point I will try to fix it like I did with 2 additional background colors and changing it to 90 % width instead a fixed value.

Asking for the old skins is an option but to tell the truth it&#39;s not going to happen cause additional skins = additional work if updates are made.

Point:

If you explain your problem we can find a way: It&#39;s maybe not my way, maybe not your way but it could be in the middle.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by 7thElement@8 February 2004 - 15:05
    How you get my attention:

Explain your problem and if possible make a suggestion how YOU would fix the problem. Don&#39;t be selfish and just say: "Give us the old skins back" cause that&#39;s not the way it works. If I see a valid point I will try to fix it like I did with 2 additional background colors and changing it to 90 % width instead a fixed value.
    I understand people posting ...&#39;s and long images to make threads wider. That wasn&#39;t the way to go and I understand.

We DID tell you that we didn&#39;t like the such small area the board was located in. We suggested you to change it, or make a skin just for us 1024x768 users. You told us you wouldn&#39;t make a skin for us. It was all about the "brand" on the website/forum.

It wasn&#39;t hard to make two "Light" skins for the board. Imagine how eaiser it would of been to just make one additional skin for us 1024x768 users. You could of had your "branded" 800x600 skin as default. As also suggested by members.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Well I seem to recall many fair minded suggestions that were shrugged off or ignored, although I would have to read through again but it seems as though the hostility started thereafter, besides why treat those that were civil poorly because of those that got out of hand.

See the thing is this is a community whether thats wanted or not, for better or worse, and as admin you found yourself at the backlash of that community for being stubborn, which as I&#39;ve said is not a bad thing and generally just shows character.

The truth is many of us have deep wounds when it comes to this community, we have spent allot of time here and at times put allot of effort into helping each other, our ties here go back before you arrived so maybe its hard for you to understand. Even those I dislike such as Muscleman, have put endless efforts at trying to help others, though maybe on the wrong track at times, always with good intentions.

I still have pains at the fact that Paul and VB are no longer here, and frankly am a little disappointed by they&#39;re decision to bail out on us, though I feel there was more to it then what was said at the time while I attempted to read between the lines. I also feel for anyone who would have tried to fill their shoes.

I think many of us still feel the loss and seem to have little hope as things appear to continue to degrade. As for yourself I think you do care and as I&#39;ve said perhaps to much, but just try to remember our history with this board and the time and energy some of us have put forth...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Paul and VB left because they have something called a "LIFE".Something some of us should look into.Includeing myself.

Its just a Forum guys.Sorry to say that.But that is all this Place is.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 21:11
    Its just a Forum guys.Sorry to say that.But that is all this Place is.
    Yes a place I rather miss though...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234