Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Drive Wont Free Up

atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@8 February 2004 - 20:32
    or if you have norton, doesnt it have that unerase wizard thing on your pc and saves copies of all the deleted files or something? could be that...
    norton unerase does not save copies of files at all:

it can recover files that were deleted w/o backups. heres how:

windows, rather than physically overwriting the thing with a million zeros, instead places a tag on the region occupied by the deleted file which sez "free space." the file is still there, untouched! (until windows writes something over it) norton unerase (and other proggies) bypass windows and are able to remove the tag.

very useful when kazaa deletes a corrupted file. u can use the corruption fixer thingie and BOOM u dont have to redownload it!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by Déjà Vu@9 February 2004 - 09:57
    I emptied the recycle bin and the norton files before I even posted my problem. I did an antivirus scan on the whole hard drive and it found html.redlof.a but it wasn't in the system files. Anyway I turned off the computer and came the next day and found that everything was correct!? I don't know what happened. Thanks for your advice anyway.
    sory for double post

lol i kno what happened: windows has a fucked habit of not refreshing the drive space...

dont ask me why, ask m$

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia+9 February 2004 - 17:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 9 February 2004 - 17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Déjà Vu@9 February 2004 - 09:57
    I emptied the recycle bin and the norton files before I even posted my problem. I did an antivirus scan on the whole hard drive and it found html.redlof.a but it wasn&#39;t in the system files. Anyway I turned off the computer and came the next day and found that everything was correct&#33;? I don&#39;t know what happened. Thanks for your advice anyway.
    sory for double post

lol i kno what happened: windows has a fucked habit of not refreshing the drive space...

dont ask me why, ask m&#036; [/b][/quote]
    everything in my computer has problems, sometimes i have that problem with the hard drive space not showed correctly until i restart and sometimes i take a cd out of my drive but windows doesnt notice and it still says the name of the cd that used to be in the drive (example: i have need for speed disc 2 in my drive then remove it and instead of the drive name changing from NFSUDISK2 to cdrw drive, it stays as NFSUDISK2) also autorun doesnt work whenever this problem occurs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    my be u deleted the shortcuts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12