Thread: Peerguardian And Overnet

is there anyway to use peergaurdian with overnet?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Im wondering the same thing. I tired to use anon x for Overnet and it says im firewalled. http://www.anonx.com/ Using Overnet reguarly with the loader works fine exept I get too much cpu usage. usually 80%. I have a hp Pentium 4 2.8 ghz. with hyperthreading technology. I have 280 gigs of storage space. I don't know why it is giving me problems. E mule doesn't work on my machine eather. Any suggestions and does anyone know if peerguardian will work with overnet?
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    I forgot to mention that I have XP Home.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Just get Sygate Personal Firewall PRO and convert the PeerGuardian list to Sygate Advanced Rules and apply it; Boom Done For The Night!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    well that might work but u might just try using overnet and disabling the built in firewall in XP (worst OS EVER btw). dont ask me how to do this but its there.
    Image Resized

this is what it looks like to have HIGH ID and not be firewalled

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Yes, disable XP's built-in firewall, get Sygate and go to Overnet --> Options --> Friend and set the 2 sections to "Do not accept any messages" and "Do not show files to anyone".

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Tmpj@9 February 2004 - 23:25
    Just get Sygate Personal Firewall PRO and convert the PeerGuardian list to Sygate Advanced Rules and apply it; Boom Done For The Night!
    Is there a way to do the same with az 4.5 pro?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Oh i managed to do it. But where csn we get a list of banned ips?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Oh i managed to do it. But where can we get a list of banned ips?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    don't worry about blocking ranges you don't know should realy be banned or not.

pg is not perfect and with overnet you don't even need it