Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa's Days Are Numbered

It's only a matter of time before the RIAA shut down Fast Track. Would the RIAA go after eDonkey next?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by Dead Cartoon Fish@8 February 2004 - 22:54
    It's only a matter of time before the RIAA shut down Fast Track. Would the RIAA go after eDonkey next?
    How can you say that ?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by sharedholder+8 February 2004 - 22:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 8 February 2004 - 22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dead Cartoon Fish@8 February 2004 - 22:54
    It&#39;s only a matter of time before the RIAA shut down Fast Track. Would the RIAA go after eDonkey next?
    How can you say that ? [/b][/quote]
    THE QUESTION IS HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?

they cant even sue nobody&#33;[COLOR=blue]

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    And how exactly do you shut down a peer to peer network? Arrest everyone who uses it?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    At least one judge has ruled that P2P systems have a legitimate use and has overturned an appeal by the RIAA to shut down P2P networks. I don&#39;t think we need to worry too much about that aspect of things. You&#39;d be better off focusing on getting the DCMA repealed - nobody needs tyranny like that&#33;

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    i dont think no one can predict what will happen in the future
    but im sure P2P will go on some how

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    how much are the riaa paying u for saying this?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    I wouldn&#39;t think ppl would be so quick to flame Dead Cartoon Fish if they had been following the events in Australia this week. As far as FT and Sharman are concerned, I say good riddance. My only misgivings are the effect this will have on other networks and how the demise of Sharman will free up RIAA resourses to start harassing us elsewhere.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Sharman/Kazaa might very well be dying, but he said they&#39;re going to shut down Fasttrack. The way I understand P2P, I just don&#39;t think that&#39;s possible. Even if they never release a new version of the software, there are already millions of people who have it. How are you going to get them all to stop using it?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    RIAA would have to go round everyone&#39;s house who has a computer, one by one, and uninstall it. As there are dozens of millions of people in the world who use it, it will take quite a long time&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast