Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comp Getting Slow And Laggy

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    my cpu's oced to 3.2. my ram is at 2.5-4-4-8 (stock). and vcore is in auto. all my benchies are low, except for 3dmark01. all my other benchies, such as 3dmark03, aquamark, and some other all got lower than my original setup (p4 2.4c @ 2.6, samsung crappy ram, powercolor 865 mobo, same graphx card). wtf!!!!! my cpu is 800 mhz faster, and my comp is laggy and slow!!! wtf!!! actually, my fps in 3dmark03 hasn't changed that much, got a bit better in some of them, but the thing that's weird is in cpu test 2 (troll's lair), i get around 0-5 fps!! b4, with my old setup, i got higher. that's wat brought my score down. but my cpu is much faster than b4. wtf???

should i trim those ram timings? they are pretty high.

everything else hasn't changed that much. nice temps. nice performance in all games. halo especially. so wat up with the bench scores?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    the fact that they got lower, would say there is a prob somewhere, are u sure it is stable. try running your proccesor at 2.8 and run it again, and see if it is higher than stock.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Livy@8 February 2004 - 18:21
    the fact that they got lower, would say there is a prob somewhere, are u sure it is stable. try running your proccesor at 2.8 and run it again, and see if it is higher than stock.
    my comp is perfectly stable. i just switched back to 2.4 (stock). my temps are scaring me! 24 idle!!! anyways, i'm back at stock, i'm getting the same fps in that cpu test 2 with troll's lair. wtf!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i wouldnt have thought fp would be affected by cpu speed? are you running proccesor benches before and after

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Have you trimmed your OS? From the way you write you don't have a good understanding of the mechanics of your system.

If all you do is give us measurements, it would appear you don't understand the dynamics of your system.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    That seems really wierd...better mobo, 800Mhz faster CPU, and better ram..and its getting worse benchmarks..wierd. Make sure you have DX9 installed and all the updates I guess. Make sure you have the latest drivers too.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@8 February 2004 - 18:41
    That seems really wierd...better mobo, 800Mhz faster CPU, and better ram..and its getting worse benchmarks..wierd.  Make sure you have DX9 installed and all the updates I guess.  Make sure you have the latest drivers too.
    3dmark03 won't install without dx9. and i have all the drivers.

wat do u mean i don't know my system?

btw, i didn't install a chipset driver. i thought asus mobos don't need u to install chipset drivers. am i rite?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Well I had to put a cd in with mine..but just for regular board drivers such as usb and ethernet. What exactly are your scores?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@8 February 2004 - 19:43
    Well I had to put a cd in with mine..but just for regular board drivers such as usb and ethernet. What exactly are your scores?
    for 3dmark03, i get: 3580. and 3dmark01: 10942. my aquamark score was 13000 something. that's crap. i has 22000 b4!!! and my 3dmark03 was 3990 something. can't remember my old 01 score.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you did reinstall your operating system right? im NOT saying that you HAVE TO reinstall (format then install, or even repair install) but it is a lot easier than trying to uninstall old drivers and putting in the new board and getting those ones installed imo. so make sure you reinstall and also i think you should install the latest chipset drivers to work out any bugs that may be in the old drivers. last thing is to defragment and trim down your startup in msconfig and services in services.msc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast