Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Service Pack 2 Beta

Hey i've just dl sp2 & it was running great until i noticed activeX crap comming up, stop me from loading a few web pages. i've been through me internet options setting to defaults, changed to low settings etc, u name in there, i keep getting this box appearing saying the ActiveX controls on this page

"Your current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX Controls on this Page. As a result, the Page may not display Correctly"

Having a laugh display correctly how about it comes up with screen when you have no internet connection.

Any idears in how to tackle this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I don't usually trust beta's in general, ESPECIALLY not on a service pack!
    I'd say just wait till the real thing comes out, no rush
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Oooops, who in there right mind would install a beta of a service pack, espically from Microsoft. Wait until the full version comes out and even then do some testing first before you install it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I would install it... but NOT on a computer that actually exists!

You should've tried VMware and saved yourself a lot of trouble by installing it virtually.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    It has a lot of security features that do not work that well. I installed it on a throwaway box and they have a lot of work to do.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Any idears how to change the security settings?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Maximus359@10 February 2004 - 15:39
    Any idears how to change the security settings?
    For the beta...........no. I assume it will be easier to do in the final version. The only security issues I had problems with was the annoying firewall that I dont need. I disabled it but it still gave me problems so I said the hell with sp2.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Maximus359@9 February 2004 - 20:24
    Hey i&#39;ve just dl sp2 & it was running great until i noticed activeX crap comming up, stop me from loading a few web pages. i&#39;ve been through me internet options setting to defaults, changed to low settings etc, u name in there, i keep getting this box appearing saying the ActiveX controls on this page

"Your current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX Controls on this Page. As a result, the Page may not display Correctly"

Having a laugh display correctly how about it comes up with screen when you have no internet connection.

Any idears in how to tackle this?
    man i got the same problem. even when my is firewall disable i get it
    Hey Mr. JellyPantz is back. LOL

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i just installed build 2082 and it is much betetr than build 2055. If you dont have it already get build 2082.

btw, to fix the active x problem go to tools>options>security then for each of the four things go to custom, then click reset near the bttom of the window and it will reset teh defaults which fixed the active x problems for me, but since getting build 2082 i havent received one error

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I had 2055, and it wouldn&#39;t let iTunes or and online shockwave or flash games connect and I tried everything so I said screw it and did a SysRestore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast