Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where To Find The Best Computers

Originally posted by atiVidia+11 February 2004 - 04:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 11 February 2004 - 04:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@10 February 2004 - 23:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @10 February 2004 - 14:29
    if ur a wuss and won&#39;t build one, www.ibuypower.com is pretty good. has great prices

wuss? naw, i just can&#39;t afford a messup right now

geez you know some people are going through hard times rite now, you probably don&#39;t know it with your 2.4 gig all good comp
    neither could i

i am officially considered to be in the "low income" range in the US, and our family still has, what, 4 computers (2 HPs, one i built myself, and a sony vaio laptop)

now, how could we afford 4 comps? simple: CUT THE JUNK FOOD&#33; [/b][/quote]
    duude, my parents lost their jobs and the only reason i have money right now is because i work in my school&#39;s cafeteria

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BANNED
    Advice: don&#39;t buy it now. Save the money in case your family needs it. Whenever your dad or/& mom become economically stable, maybe then spend it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by DWk@11 February 2004 - 05:14
    Advice: don&#39;t buy it now. Save the money in case your family needs it. Whenever your dad or/& mom become economically stable, maybe then spend it
    yah true, but

1st: They said i could
    2nd: 1 year of saving up... i think i deserve it
    3rd: Im only 15 but i have a work permit thing at my school, Imma start a job at basking robbins in like a week

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    muchspl2
    you seem to have a good work ethic keep up and you&#39;ll go far

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 February 2004 - 05:23
    you seem to have a good work ethic keep up and you&#39;ll go far
    tell that to abu has the power -_-;;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    hey. sory man. i was just being a dickhead.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 February 2004 - 20:54
    hey. sory man. i was just being a dickhead.
    np, its not like u knew

umm i was wondering, why does everyone hate dell? I look around at school and they all say SCREW DELL? I say why? There cheap... and last i saw they made working comps....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    dell has a reputation for being expensive and too businessy (formal). their prices are pretty high for a good system, compared to self built. i personally don&#39;t hate them. i just like self built better, just like almost everyone here

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    n18's Avatar Death God
    hey, i&#39;ve been interested in building my own PC for a very long time and after reading all you&#39;re posts i feel i could do it . The thing is though, that I have a totally limited knowledge of the PC and its&#39; components and i did read some guides on building PCs like the one from Toms hardware but its still rather vague. actually placing the components wouldn&#39;t be too dificilut as I could use crappy pc as an example, but then setting up the bios, knowing if i need to apply the gel thingy onto my processor , knowing if i need to add additional fans, pretty much i&#39;m clueless, ( but not as clueless as my friends har har) If i did manage to buidl a PC it would be one mean gaming machine.

If i dont manage, i can always go with Dells&#39; gaming pc.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by n18@11 February 2004 - 20:50
    hey, i&#39;ve been interested in building my own PC for a very long time and after reading all you&#39;re posts i feel i could do it . The thing is though, that I have a totally limited knowledge of the PC and its&#39; components and i did read some guides on building PCs like the one from Toms hardware but its still rather vague. actually placing the components wouldn&#39;t be too dificilut as I could use crappy pc as an example, but then setting up the bios, knowing if i need to apply the gel thingy onto my processor , knowing if i need to add additional fans, pretty much i&#39;m clueless, ( but not as clueless as my friends har har) If i did manage to buidl a PC it would be one mean gaming machine.

If i dont manage, i can always go with Dells&#39; gaming pc.
    Couple things,

1. Most of us had little knowledge when we built our First PC. I did, which is why it was celeronbased.

2. Once again, set up is pretty easy. Things like setting bios usually arnt needed as much anymore, they are usually already auto configed, or atleast have the option to load defaults and go from there.

Just read around and you will get alot of knowledge from here, err, depending on who&#39;s posts you read.

3. Dont buy dell&#39;s gaming PCs, all high end PCs are overpriced.

ALL OF THEM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast