Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where To Find The Best Computers

Hey, im not a hardware guru, and im in the market for buying a new computer and no i don't want to build my own or what ever and i don't wanna hire a custom pc maker cuz last time they ripped me off. (My 1.5 gig cost me 700+ under his ass) WTF?!?!?! ok anyway do you guys know a realiable website where i can get a good pc for a good value? thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Where abouts in the World are you???

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yes,
    1. where are you
    2. are you looking to build, or buy prebuilt?
    3. if in america, try newegg, if in canada try greenlyph, if somewhere else, tell us where!

Kai
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    You dont need to be a guru mate ,they're quite simple to build.Theres a few guides pinned..It would probably help just to focus on setting up the bios instead.,then on the hardware just follow the manual,its only a few steps..It's a lot,lot cheaper and more choice on choosing the parts to suit you.once you have all the parts it'll only take an hr and your be laughin

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Im in america, california, los angeles area and im lookin for prebuilt like, and i dunno about building by yourself, what if you mess up?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@9 February 2004 - 22:13
    Im in america, california, los angeles area and im lookin for prebuilt like, and i dunno about building by yourself, what if you  mess up?
    then u learn from your mistake and dont mess up on your next one

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Marius24@9 February 2004 - 19:15
    then u learn from your mistake and dont mess up on your next one
    sounds like it could get expensive for him!
    i just recommend reading up a lot, it's nothing to hard, just common sence mostly
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@9 February 2004 - 18:13
    Im in america, california, los angeles area and im lookin for prebuilt like, and i dunno about building by yourself, what if you mess up?
    Most of us here have bought the parts for our own computers and built them oursleves.

You can get a entire system minus the Monitor and OS, and keyboard/mouse for around 200. All directly from a nice place like Newegg.com love that site, alot of us here now swear by it.

Rather easy to build, and we would help you if you have any questions.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    How much money do you want to spend?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Yup,building it yourself is the only way to go.You will likely save yourself 200- 400 bucks.Or you could spend what you would have saved and get some even better parts.
    If you can figure out how to use a screw driver and have enough sense to figure out how to put the thermal paste on a CPU then your laughing.You do not need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to put it together.Start doing some reading for the next couple of days (there are a couple of good guides on the net) and then start ordering parts.When you get them if you have any questions,come back and post them here and somebody will help you out.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast