Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moons Surrounding Earth

my girlfriend is sitting telling me that she saw a program on tv saying that there were 3 moons surrounding earth. i beleive there is only 1. can anyone clear this drunken mess up??????

2. Lounge   -   #2
    c'mon someone help me here!!!!!!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    There is only one moon unless you really really drunk.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    She may not be a drunk as you think

Earth has a second moon, of sorts, and could have many others, according to three astronomers who did calculations to describe orbital motions at gravitational balance points in space that temporarily pull asteroids into bizarre orbits near our planet.

The 3-mile-wide (5-km) satellite, which takes 770 years to complete a horseshoe-shaped orbit around Earth, is called Cruithne and will remain in a suspended state around Earth for at least 5,000 years.

Cruithne, discovered in 1986, and then found in 1997 to have a highly eccentric orbit, cannot be seen by the naked eye, but scientists working at Queen Mary and Westfield College in London were intrigued enough with its peregrinations to come up with mathematical models to describe its path.

That led them to theorize that the model could explain the movement of other objects captured at the gravitational balance points that exist between all planets and the sun.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    can someone give me a straight answer cos my burd is jumping around cos of big boabs comment, thanks for that boab

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lol, sorry but earth only has one moon, I dont know what crack your smoking but I want some.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Lounge   -   #7
    As far as I know there&#39;s only one moon orbiting the Earth. Mars has got three I think, sure she&#39;s not thinking of that?
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

8. Lounge   -   #8
    she is positive it has 3, i think one also

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Triadcool@10 February 2004 - 01:16
    lol, sorry but earth only has one moon, I dont know what crack your smoking but I want some.
    Not my words Triad. Google. There are many sites supporting this theory. By the way never taken illegal substances in my life. Well not to my knowledge.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I watch a scientific programme before that stated that the moon and the earth are actually one planet.Many many many years ago the earth was supposedly hit by an asteriod and a piece broke off creating the moon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast