Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand New Ati Radeon 9600

i just got a brand new radeon 9600 and i love it. runs damn fast, vice city at 1600x1200 6x fsaa/16x aniso at max view distance (i had to overclock a tiny bit...). runs very nice. ive upped the core clock to 400mhz right of the bat, and brought the memour from 400 all the way up to 500. runs nice and cool, and no artifacts. im using the latest omega drivers, along with riva tuner for overclocking. and im using artifact tester 5 from omega for artifact testing. im still pushing it but i think im getting pretty close to the top for this card. ill keep ya'all updated.

i love my new card!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ATI!!!!!
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i dropped the core down to 390, and the memory down to 485. until i manage to get a better cooling setup thats the max it will stabaly do for now. my card came without a fan!!!!! which sucked so i stuck an old 60mm fan from the hsf that came with my processor. it only be held on there by 2 screws, it dropped temps down by 6c for the gfx card, but didnt help with overclocking. soon im gonna get a 40-60 adapter, and a 60-80 adapter and hook an 80mm fan up to it, i might even find a way to mount my retail hsf from my processor on the card. but im not into drilling holes in the card, so for now just the stock heatsink and my nigger-rigged 60mm fan on it. peace out ya'all. expect benchmark scores soon!!
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    my r9600xt is spose to be at my house by now. (i ordered it).

so whats sum kool features bout these cards? my frquencies are 500/500 so that sounds good

you rekon my current mobo processor and memory will slow it down by much?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Sounds good. However, I don't know how well your card is capable or running at such high filtering (16X ansio). In my opinion you should have 2X AA and 4X AF max with that card in D3D and in Open GL.

If I were you I would tone it down, as your card is not powerful enought to get decent framerates in DX9 games. Vice city is not too graphically demanding, so that is okay,

You should install FRAPS durinig games to measure the framerates, though.

Congrats though on your purchase.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@9 February 2004 - 19:29
    i dropped the core down to 390, and the memory down to 485. until i manage to get a better cooling setup thats the max it will stabaly do for now. my card came without a fan!!!!! which sucked so i stuck an old 60mm fan from the hsf that came with my processor. it only be held on there by 2 screws, it dropped temps down by 6c for the gfx card, but didnt help with overclocking. soon im gonna get a 40-60 adapter, and a 60-80 adapter and hook an 80mm fan up to it, i might even find a way to mount my retail hsf from my processor on the card. but im not into drilling holes in the card, so for now just the stock heatsink and my nigger-rigged 60mm fan on it. peace out ya'all. expect benchmark scores soon!!
    I would be carful with all that agressive modding. Keep us updates, with pictures, please.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by adamp2p+10 February 2004 - 04:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 10 February 2004 - 04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pc&#045;gamer&#045;dude@9 February 2004 - 19:29
    i dropped the core down to 390, and the memory down to 485. until i manage to get a better cooling setup thats the max it will stabaly do for now. my card came without a fan&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; which sucked so i stuck an old 60mm fan from the hsf that came with my processor. it only be held on there by 2 screws, it dropped temps down by 6c for the gfx card, but didnt help with overclocking. soon im gonna get a 40-60 adapter, and a 60-80 adapter and hook an 80mm fan up to it, i might even find a way to mount my retail hsf from my processor on the card. but im not into drilling holes in the card, so for now just the stock heatsink and my nigger-rigged 60mm fan on it. peace out ya&#39;all. expect benchmark scores soon&#33;&#33;
    I would be carful with all that agressive modding. Keep us updates, with pictures, please. [/b][/quote]
    i should have some pictures tonight of the card and the fan i rigged on it. the fan is pushing about 20 cfm across the whole heatsink and is even pushing air across the memory chips (except for the back ones which i havnt figured out how im gonna do yet). well ill keep ya&#39;all posted. and i still have to try some direct x9 games. peace out ya&#39;all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    k dont worry bout my post then...

thats cool. i didnt want a reply anyway lol

B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    id be careful bout that ocing syndrom u got there. not good for the card, jumping from stock to that high without testing it. ur supposed to increment the gpu by 5 and the ram by 10. i read that somewhere

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah...what are you doing jumping all around with the speeds? Anyway, is it pro or anything? If not that filtering seems way to high for your almost mid range card.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by dray_02@9 February 2004 - 21:24
    my r9600xt is spose to be at my house by now. (i ordered it).

so whats sum kool features bout these cards? my frquencies are 500/500 so that sounds good

you rekon my current mobo processor and memory will slow it down by much?
    Regarding your card: which manufacturer made it?

e.g. ATi, Sapphire, Gecube, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast