Thread: Musicmatch Problem

krome's Avatar triplesix clubhouse
    need help trying to get this to work I just Installed MusicMatch for Windows98, I run it. It Pops up this Error saying

"" There is a problem with the skin you are using. Either the ActiveX controls have not been registred, or there is a file missing ""

What does that mean Skin, ActiveX, Missing file? Whats going on is there a fix to this? Please help out yall..thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Well, you may have downloaded an executable that is missing or has a corrupt file that is critical to running the program, ie. a .dll file. The skin is something that will change the look of the player. You can download more skins and have several to choose from within the program settings. Basically, you can change the skin when you get bored with the look of the interface. ActiveX deals with the visual in you computer. I am not certain about ActiveX so I will leave that to someone else to describe.

I suggest you download another copy of MusicMatch. You probably got a bad copy. BTW, you might want to get the free player from MusicMatch's site. But if you want one with all the options and addon's, just try another from kazaa.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I got it both from Kazaa and MusicMatch website still the same error. Doesn't even till me what file is missing, Its just that same sign i decribe to you and an illgeal operation after that

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I wonder if it has to do anything with winamp? I doubt it..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have both MusicMatch and Winamp and there's no problem here...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I really don't know what to do then with MusicMatch i reinstalled it, I got new ones from Kazaa and MM website still the same error comes up...