Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yuss I Finally Got It !

Poster
    yer iv always wanted to know the difference between a 4 x agp mobo and a 8 x agp mobo.

i run all my games pretty well. and your specs are pretty much the same as mine DJX.

Buy this card... it cranks. lol

p.s its got colloured leds... wahoo, look at 'em go~~

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    The ATi catalysts are up now to 4.2

Go to www.ati.com and navigate to the driver section to download the latest.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    yes i just noticed that b4.

i went to there site and i was like ...hmmm im sure adam sed 4.1....

meh, i cant be bothered downloading it at the mo.... dam 56k modem

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p@12 February 2004 - 17:30

Adam which drivers do you prefer for your ATI card?

I prefer the Omega drivers myself, but I have yet to do an actual benchmark comparison driver vs driver.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+12 February 2004 - 20:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 12 February 2004 - 20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p@12 February 2004 - 17:30

Adam which drivers do you prefer for your ATI card?

I prefer the Omega drivers myself, but I have yet to do an actual benchmark comparison driver vs driver. [/b][/quote]
    Well you see that is a tricky question to answer. Currently, the Omega set is not up for this release, so I am trying out the new set. I like them.

Keep in mind though, that I heavily alter the default settings that come with the Catalyst set. If you install Rage3dtweak, you can see exactly which settings are enabled by default in both the Official and the Omega set, immediately after installing them, by expanding the Open GL and Direct 3d tabs. You need to select "advanced tweaker mode" in the "tweaker" category of the Rage 3d tab by sliding the "select tweaker mode" tab. I read about this by follwing the guides that I linked above.

You see, I studied what the differences between the ATi set and the Omega set, and noticed what is different and what helps my system run the best. For example, there is a setting called "colorfill" and ATi (the offical) does not enable this setting by default. Omega does. Also not enabled in the official drivers is a setting called "Video mem textures" (video mem textures is under the Open GL tab) What that setting does, when enabled, is instruct the Radeon to keep the texture memory "local" thus not lose any performance due to swapping. There is another setting that is available in the Open GL tab of Rage3d tweak called "AGP textures" that tells the Radeon to put the texture memory into AGP memory instead of "local." Well due to the fact that I have 128 mb of local memory on my R9800 Pro, I enable only the Video memory setting. Omega assumes you do too.

There are at least 20 settings that I have different that ATi, because I think it improves image quality of responsiveness (performance). Omega selects nearly 15 of them. I will be back onto Omega when he releases his set. He is an "official" ATi beta tester, and has been working on the 4.2&#39;s for a while. I trust him because I have had good experiences with his work (plus, when I had my 9500 he integrated a 9500>9700 mod which dramatically increased performance).

I hope I answered your question, my friend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234