Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yuss I Finally Got It !

Poster
    All i can say is that I love my new card 100 times more than my geforce fx5200.

im bout to buy a new mobo, but with my current shitty ms 6367, 4 x agp. it still runs pretty good. I think my mobo, memory and CPU are all holding down the cards full potential. oh well

my benchmarks were:

FX5200 score in blue
    R9600XT scores in red

3dmark 01
    4352 8035

3dmark 03
    905 3026

Aquamark
    Gfx 777 1149
    CPU 4392 2284

Total
    7149 9178

So now your probably wondering whats up with my new Aquamark score... yer im thinking the same as well. im confused. why has my CPU score gone down by sooo much? weird.

feel free to discuss any thoughts.

also whats the best drivers out there for this card. i havent OC anything yet, and i have the standard drivers installed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    With regards to the Aquamark3 score:

1. You should always benchmark 3 times and take the average of the three, or the highest.

2. You need to go into control panel and set AA and AF to "application controlled" in BOTH Open GL and Direct 3d. That will greatly improve your score.

3. You should not compare the 9600XT to the 5200 FX because they are from different price segments. What did you pay for your new card? How do new zealand dollars compare to american?

Can you display your aquamark3 comparison link? Register for free to get access to the ARC.

Which brand of 9600 XT did you get? ATi, Sapphire, etc?

And the standard drivers should work fine for you. Do you have the OVERDRIVE tab available to you in the control panel?

You should download Rage3d Tweak. It is freeware, and opens up a plethora of registry edits for you.
    You can overclock too.
    Download and information here

here is a guide to Rage3d tweak

here is another detailed guide

Have fun.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    thanks alot for that helpful info adam,

1) ill take some proper benchmarks 2morow.

2) how do i set AA and AF to application controlled??? like whereabouts in control panel

3) i paid $nz 230 dollars, thats about $136 US.

its a fantastic deal i rekon...

4) GeCube Radeon 9600XT... thats ok isnt it?

i got HL2 and black hawk down free, and powerdvd. and sum more goodies.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by dray_02@10 February 2004 - 23:54
    thanks alot for that helpful info adam,

1) ill take some proper benchmarks 2morow. 

2) how do i set AA and AF to application controlled??? like whereabouts in control panel

3) i paid $nz 230 dollars, thats about $136 US.

its a fantastic deal i rekon...

4) GeCube Radeon 9600XT... thats ok isnt it?

i got HL2 and black hawk down free, and powerdvd. and sum more goodies.
    That's a great deal. (unbelieveable) Congrats.

And spend a good hour going through those guides, reading and applying settings in Rage3d tweak. That guide, if you follow it correctly, will help improve performance of your card as well.

They will explain all the control panel stuff to you too.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    thanks again adam

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Lamsey, take note of this topic
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    eh?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by dray_02@11 February 2004 - 12:13
    eh?
    Lamsey and I have a running debate on the performance of the GeForce Fx5200
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by 4th gen+11 February 2004 - 05:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 11 February 2004 - 05:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@11 February 2004 - 12:13
    eh?&nbsp;
    Lamsey and I have a running debate on the performance of the GeForce Fx5200 [/b][/quote]
    The funny thing about the FX5200 is that now it has been reduced down to the ~&#036;50 range in the US:

see here

Therefore it really does not have an ATi counterpart anymore (they don&#39;t have any &#036;50 cards). That is a good thing for Nvidia--they have conquered the &#036;50 dollar market, I guess.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    they wud be the eqivilent of USD &#036;60-&#036;80 over here. lol. they really are a budget POS.

but i found this geforce fx 5200 valued at &#036;339.

its the 2nd top one.

hahahahah.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast