Thread: No Other Proxy Working Except Isp Proxy

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    :helpsmile:

i was usin diffrent proxy with mozila and it was working till yesterday but suddenly stoped working and i changed proxy to another but still didnt work only proxy given by ISP was working which i dont like it blocks any illegle site
    is there any way that ISp stops me from usin another proxy

:helpsmile:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Could be but I doubt it. Maybe that proxy doesnt work? go to http://proxys4u.proboards24.com/index.cgi and it has plenty of working proxies as well links to tools to check yourself.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Whats an open port proxy? Also is there such thing as a stable anonymous proxy. Quite alot seem to die after a while and they slow down speeds considerably

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by SeK612@11 February 2004 - 02:45
    Whats an open port proxy? Also is there such thing as a stable anonymous proxy. Quite alot seem to die after a while and they slow down speeds considerably
    an open proxy is a proxy server that allows computers outside the proxy&#39;s own network/lan to connect to it and fetch information for these computers. If configured improperly, it can be used to hack, denial-of-service attack other computers, or used as a relay for sending mass emails.

a lot of virus and worms will turn infected computer with broadband internet connection into open proxies, which serve as relays for the malicious activities mentioned above.

There are cheap commerical proxy server such www.anonx.com that provide excellent anonymous proxy service and it&#39;s fast and reliable too

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    The site I gave check it they update proxies almost on daily basis. You can download a software called charan, that will check the validity of that proxy. Go on the forums above and check it out.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    is there any way that my ISP stops me from using other proxies, cuz i have daut that they have done this

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button