Thread: Ie Broken

Poster
    Ok, earlier on I had a problem when I opened eMule, 'explained' here. After running a netstat -a, I had 10000+ open ports.
    Now, after a restart, the number of open ports is much less, but Internet Exlorer will not load any pages. Mozilla Firebird loads them fine, IE doesn't do anything at all. it just sits there, pretends to load and does nowt.
    Is it possible I have a worm/trojan from eMule?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    have ya run a trojan scanner?

try TDS or The Cleaner B)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I scanned with the cleaner and tds3, then i tried trojan hunter. as i was scanning with trojan hunter, nod32 popped up syaing: "probably stealth.poly.crypt.tsr.driver virus"

i can't find any info on this virus though, can anyone help please?

i couldn't delete, rename or quarantine the virus file
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i know my router only allows 256 connections at a time so this can sometimes cause problem with programs like edonkey trying to connect to lots of people.

also sometimes your upload becomes saturated so your 3way handshakes are never completed properly which means your webrowsers will never connect properly. try setting your upload down a bit so you have some spare.

and the virus i have no idea about.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by 4th gen@11 February 2004 - 15:17
    i couldn't delete, rename or quarantine the virus file
    Did you try deleting the file in Safe Mode?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Use msconfig to see if any unusual files are loading at startup. That may give the the name of the infected file, so you can search Google for more info about it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    You want find a direct name for this "stealth.poly.crypt.tsr.driver virus"mate as its not the name.Its just telling you the properties /form of virus it is.

stealth polymorphic encrypting tsr infector.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Update time...

Yes, I did try deleting the virus infected files in safe mode, they would temporarily delete the reappear. Just like magic
    Then I had the idea of deleting the Temp folder with a file shredding program. Which worked

So, problem fixed, virus gone etc...

Thanks for the info ck-uk

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.