Thread: System Monitor For Linux

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    This probably old news for regular linux users so this does not apply to you

Gnome and KDE have system monitors and you can even monitor your linux system from the command line instead of using a gui app. But thoose applications generally do not stay on top and you have to minimize and maximize them when you want to use them.

GKrellM is a system monitor with lots of skins and other add ons. Most people that see linux screenshots see GKrellM in them and want to know what it is, so here it is

GKrellM

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    that looks like it would slow your system down, does it?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LSA@8 February 2004 - 18:28
    Nope, its really lightweight

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by shn+8 February 2004 - 18:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 8 February 2004 - 18:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LSA@8 February 2004 - 18:28
    Nope, its really lightweight [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll check it out then, thanks for the link.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LSA+8 February 2004 - 18:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA @ 8 February 2004 - 18:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@8 February 2004 - 18:29
    <!--QuoteBegin-LSA
    @8 February 2004 - 18:28

Nope, its really lightweight
    I&#39;ll check it out then, thanks for the link. [/b][/quote]
    You never heard of GKrellM?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I&#39;ve seen it in screenshots and i&#39;ve even been to the site, I meant to try it out, but forgot the name before I had time to get it.

GKrellM has a little to much stuff for me, I got a little plugin for the panel on xfce4 that gives you a cpu, mem, and I think swap meter, but i just use the cpu meter because linux handles memory so well I don&#39;t really need to be concerned with it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    and for those that want it for there windows box, here you go

WKrellM this site is linked from the GKrellM site, but for those to lazy to look here it is

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by ravendark@10 February 2004 - 02:10

WKrellM this site is linked from the GKrellM site, but for those to lazy to look here it is
    How long have you used it? There&#39;s a lot of bugs in the change log. Ill give it try though

&quot;For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.&quot;

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Barbie+10 February 2004 - 03:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Barbie @ 10 February 2004 - 03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ravendark@10 February 2004 - 02:10

How long have you used it? There&#39;s a lot of bugs in the change log. Ill give it try though [/b][/quote]
    i have been using it for a couple weeks, it has come a LONG way, though there is still a way to go. however if you have ever had trouble with trying to get the GTK based version running smoothly on windows, you would see the utter joy in a windows native port. ( sensing a little frustration yet ? )

i am quite happy with it, but like i said still needs some work, but im gonna stick with it