Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Up With My Software Search?

What is up with my software search? I can search for everything else: videos, music, images just fine... but when I try to search for anything on software nothing comes up. I have KLite on two computers and on both nothing comes up when I search for software. I haven't searched for anything specific to where it would be rare so I think it should be working. Is no one else having this problem? I mean, what can it be? It's doing it on both my computers.

I didn't know whether to put this on the software forum (because its dealing only with software) or to put this on the problems forum...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1.) right place

2.) NEVER USE KAZAA FOR SOFTWARE THATS A LAST RESORT

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ha well, thats explains enough... what do you recommend? I tried using Ares too but Ares search engine I have found is not that good compared to KLite.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Did you let it do a complete search? Some people become impatient after only letting the search run for 1 or 2 seconds.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BitTorrent... end of story.
    Not only is the very basis of it allow files to spread faster, but corrupted files are a rarity. I have yet to see any of the cons that K-Lite had.

Original BT Site
    BT FAQ

Suprnova has a LOT of software.... and everything else.

Worthy Clients:
    ABC
    Azureus
    TorrentStorm

There's like a million torrent sites. You'll see that in a pinned topic in the BT section of the forum.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I use kazza lite for music , warez sites for software .Careful with the warez tho

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by peat moss@12 February 2004 - 08:18
    I use kazza lite for music
    Serious?
    K-lite is good for anything,EXCEPT music&#33;
    K-lite is even good for software too,just be smart enough to use verifieds and your&#39;re safe.

You should really get yourself Soulseek if you&#39;re a big musicdl&#39;er.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Old dog I guess I,m comffy with kazza for music and I have lots of time on my hands will try soul seek, tho my wifes the music fan. Thanks

Checked it out interesting because must of what I want is older pre 70 music

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Well,not saying every musicfile on k-lite is corrupt...but one of the good things about soulseek is that you can find almost everything,if not everything, on there.
    It&#39;s deffenitly worth checking out

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by CG44@11 February 2004 - 20:59
    What is up with my software search? I can search for everything else: videos, music, images just fine... but when I try to search for anything on software nothing comes up. I have KLite on two computers and on both nothing comes up when I search for software. I haven&#39;t searched for anything specific to where it would be rare so I think it should be working. Is no one else having this problem? I mean, what can it be? It&#39;s doing it on both my computers.

I didn&#39;t know whether to put this on the software forum (because its dealing only with software) or to put this on the problems forum...
    go to Options>Kazaa Lite Options>Filter and remove the check in the box next to "Filter file types that can potentially contain viruses". if it is already unchecked, do a search for "Nero" and see what happens. but its probably that option that is not letting you find software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast