Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overnet Source Problems

powerstick's Avatar Poster
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/Clipboard01.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

also what does the unasked mean mean? This shows when I press the + button on overnet for sources that you are dl from.
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Old Fella
    I am not sure if this answer is right, but I suspect what happens is once you generate a download then that file is read as an active file available for download, so like once you start to download you will show as a source for that file even if you haven't actually downloaded any of it. So if only 1 user had a full file, but 10 people had tried to download it then there would be 11 sources, but only 1 of those 11 would actually have the file. Something like that anyway. Thats just my thought on it and I may be totally off the mark.

Unasked may have something to do with number of conections, or sources you have, as may not allow you to make any more requests. Can't see from picture number of connections you have but this should be minimum 60.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    red parts after a week or so means files are dead. No sources for the parts indicated in red could be found. Doesnt matter if sources are high, if one person who has the only final complete part buggers off your left with a partial file.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    ok how long did you wait all i see is unasked did u wait for about 1 to 5 mins for them to become asked?

well i had this same prob on a file but the prob is sometimes a file will just not be there i dont know anything to say than if thats the case try and find a similer file
    Image Resized

this is what it looks like to have HIGH ID and not be firewalled

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BANNED
    change the priority of the fiels to "high" and be patient they will trun blue

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks! That was my problem. I would only sometimes wait about 5 hours before I deleted the file that I was going to dl. I set my max # of connections to 60 and I seem to be getting all blue now exept for barber shop 1 and 2 which i just entered them into the transfer bin. Hopefully they will turn blue in a 5 hours or before. I find it a good practice to leave my pc connected 24/7 and dl. I tend to get the most sources like that and faster dl then just connecting 3 hours or so here and there. (obviously) Nah I always leave the pc on 24/7 unless the power goes out past 30 min because my backup only last 30 min for the comp and my broadband. I'm going to look for a larger backup device later such as 1 hour power or so.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    yes leave the pc on and also wait one week before you delete, give your sources a chance to come around

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Today my isp disconnected my service from the net. Many people were calling them reporting snail speed service and function ability. My isp traced it back to my computer and they stated that my computer was either functioning as a server, has a virus which is sending itself out to all the ip addresses it can find, or a few other things. They said that I was connected to 20,000 different computers at the same time with different ip addresses transferring date in and out. I was not notified of this at work when they cut off my connection. I came home at 6:30 PM to find that my connection had been dropped. I tried a few different things to maneuver it but nothing worked. I then called my isp (Texas Broadband) and I was told that I was disconnected @ 2:30 remotely because of the items stated above. They asked me what I was doing and I told them I was at work and that I wasn’t doing anything. I told them that I leave my computer on 24/7 and share files. They told me that I don’t need to do this. I told them that I use Overnet and I don’t know why I was connected to 20, 000 different ip addresses at the same time. I was told to run an anti virus which runs in the background. I then did a through background scan of my entire pc and everything was clean. I use Norton Anti Virus. That means that it is Overnet which has caused me to connect to 20,000 different computers at the same time. (I don’t care if I’m connected to 100,000. What the hell does it matter?) Anyways, I have been waiting for a telephone call from them for some time now. (About 3 hours) I am using a dial up connection as of the time I am writing this. (MSN) I had my maximum # of connections set to 60 as I was told by Musleman to do. If I pay for my own connection, why can’t I use up all of the bandwidth that I want? In the tos it doesn’t say anything about bandwidth. Also now when I boot up my computer, it takes about 1----1.3 minutes to boot up. Why is this? I run my disk defragmenter every day. Could this be something to do with it?

I am now considering another isp if my isp is going to be disconnecting me for using so much bandwidth and sharing files. This is censorship if you ask me. I was even told by Warren that he uses Kazaa Lite. He works for the company. I had the isp remove my hardware firewall about a month ago when I questioned them about it. Anyway, what is the fastest connection one could get and not have this problem? I am talking about what would be equal to what I have now maybe? I have wireless broadband 768 KB/s. I was just fixing to switch to 1.5 mbps in a month too. I just switched from 256 KB/s to 768 KB/S. Man this sucks now. Any suggestions?

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    It seem that you have been installed BackDoor/ Trojan. Only one thing you can to do, it is clean reinstalled your whole system.
    I have same problem before, because a Chinese hacker put it into PC.
    Norton Antivirus can't detect it, only way to find it, it is raise your firewall sensity, close ports you don't need, and trace everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast