Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your First Experence Here

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by Arcadia@12 February 2004 - 20:28
    I didn't introduce my self, just started posting, some people took the piss, other's were nice
    same here
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz+12 February 2004 - 22:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 12 February 2004 - 22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arcadia@12 February 2004 - 20:28
    I didn&#39;t introduce my self, just started posting, some people took the piss, other&#39;s were nice
    same here [/b][/quote]
    ditto, most did and do take the piss

3. Lounge   -   #13
    internet.news
    With the K-Lite Board I found a place where you can share your thoughts
    with some real nice and opened people Don&#39;t know all the New Members,
    but I try to be opened.

Sometimes it may be hard to be opened, but I try cause I hope it would help...

By the way, Azzz: I posted a few new threads in your Forum

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    ditto, most did and do take the piss
    Lots of piss

There&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;team&#39;. But then there&#39;s no &#39;I&#39; in &#39;useless smug colleague&#39;, either.
    And there&#39;s four in &#39;platitude-quoting idiot&#39;. Go figure.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Mixed bag for me, most people were very welcoming and a few were a bit less. However nothing I would describe as even light flaming. One of my first conversations was with internet.news and someone else and there were a lot of crossed wires and misunderstandings. That made me think wtf is this all about ? Then I met a few sane people and decided that the first impression was the exception rather than the rule. I&#39;m glad of that.

Overall I find this a very welcome and vibrant place. There is some stuff in the World News section which I think goes a bit too far, but that is really because of the type of things people are discussing. I am sure the mods would step in if it goes too far.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    hugoharding's Avatar its changed since 02
    I think my first post back in 2002 was in the section, "general problems and questions" which i doubt many people will remember. That was back in the day when it was a much smaller community.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Didn&#39;t introduce myself just started helping out in Software World. Before I knew made some good friends with similar interests. Lounge was full of sarcasm from few senior members but I took it light-heartedly and if it went out of hand, just ignored it. So didn&#39;t post that much in the beginning. Each post was being scrutinized for grammatical, spelling any sort of errors one could think of. That was the time to give it a rest.

Overall, it has its ups and down, but in the end, I am still here and so are you.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

8. Lounge   -   #18
    muchspl2
    got in a big fight with MM over videolan or something
    it was on the back up forum
    otherwise noone really flamed me or anything

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by muchspl2@12 February 2004 - 16:57
    got in a big fight with MM over videolan or something
    it was on the back up forum
    otherwise noone really flamed me or anything
    remember our small trivial fight
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

10. Lounge   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I just took a short trip down memory lane and revisited my first post....ah, the good ole days.
    As I recall, I ghosted about for a few weeks before registering and finally leaping into the fray.
    Guests could view the entire board back then ( can they now? It&#39;s changed several times...) and I tried to research the timbre of the forum before I made my first, timid post....
    It was grand fun, didn&#39;t get flamed until I&#39;d been around long enough to have a fairly thick skin.
    I believe that it was some SOB calling himself j2k4 who first gave me a hard time.
    Is that loser still around?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast