Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Drinks Bottled Water And Why?

Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by muchspl2@13 February 2004 - 20:38
    there is a show on showtime called bullshit!
    plent of sources on kazaa, look for the bottle warter ep
    any who buy it are dumb and just don't know any better
    Well.. i guess I must be dumb and dont know any better then..

though... i'd gladly send you a bottle of the "stuff" that comes out of my tap for you to try...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    I drink it, habit forming I guess but I also use tap for showers, cooking, washing car, water lawn, etc.....
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I drink bottled water ( to be specific...Fiji Water) cuz it tastes sooooooo nummy nummmy!!! and the city water here is ka-ka!!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Honey+13 February 2004 - 11:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Honey @ 13 February 2004 - 11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@13 February 2004 - 20:38
    there is a show on showtime called bullshit&#33;
    plent of sources on kazaa, look for the bottle warter ep
    any who buy it are dumb and just don&#39;t know any better
    Well.. i guess I must be dumb and dont know any better then..

though... i&#39;d gladly send you a bottle of the "stuff" that comes out of my tap for you to try... [/b][/quote]
    nah he&#39;s right on the show they tell that most company&#39;s jus use tap water anyway
    and some do use spring water vermont i believe was the only 1 that was the freshs water to drink from the bottle .
    but if all yah were yah live at have that odor to yah water i would buy bottled water too&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The water has a lot of horse poo in it, in Lincoln (comes from fields or something ). So we have to have filtered water

6. Lounge   -   #16
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    cos im naive

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Despite the hype, bottled water is neither cleaner nor greener than tap water

The message is clear: Bottled water is "good" water, as opposed to that nasty, unsafe stuff that comes out of the tap. But in most cases tap water adheres to stricter purity standards than bottled water, whose source — far from a mountain spring can be wells underneath industrial facilities. Indeed, 40 percent of bottled water began life as, well, tap water.

A 2001 World Wildlife Fund (WWF) study confirmed the widespread belief that consumers associate bottled water with social status and healthy living. Their perceptions trump their objectivity, because even some people who claim to have switched to bottled water "for the taste" can&#39;t tell the difference: When Good Morning America conducted a taste test of its studio audience, New York City tap water was chosen as the heavy favorite over the oxygenated water 02, Poland Spring and Evian. Many of the "facts" that bottled water drinkers swear by are erroneous. Rachele Kuzma, a Rutgers student, says she drinks bottled water at school because "it&#39;s healthier" and "doesn&#39;t have fluoride," although much of it does have fluoride.
    http://www.enn.com/news/2003-12-09/s_9212.asp

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Me and Rex enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

Nothing beats a good puddle&#33;

Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    great pleasures

10. Lounge   -   #20
    hey, is there anything wrong with reusing water bottles? even though i wash mine pretty clean, people keep telling me that i can get cancer or some shit if i keep using the same plastic containers to drink from over and over again......is that true?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast