Thread: Corrupted Cue

Hi all! I've got a corrupted .cue file, and I'm sure I've seen somewhere in this forum a link to a site with lots of tricks on how to repair damaged .cues and many other things. I can't find the address, so could anyone help, either telling me if there's a way to repair or giving me the address?

Thx.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    is it really corrupted or is it just pointing to wrong destination...???
    open the cue file with notepad and you`ll see where its pointing,you have to change the directory so its pointing at your binfile....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    a. Open notepad (Start-->Accessories-->Notepad)
    b. Copy the folowing text into notepad:

FILE ?name of file ? BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Where nameofimage.bin is the name of the bin file you want ot burn.

c. The rest is easy: just save the notepad text with the name of the Bin, but with the cue extention (Click on file-->Save as...-->select ?all files? in the ?save as type? field, and save it with Bin name, put the extension ?.cue? at the end of the name).
    d. The file should be saved in the same folder as its appropriate bin file and should be something like .....whetevernameyoumaychoose.cue .

exam:

FILE "rzr-ktr3.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the explanations, guys; I'll keep them in mind for later cue's and bin's problems; but the trouble is that, this time, it's not a .bin file but an .ape, and I've discovered it's a Monkey's Audio compression format. I've d/led Monkey's Audio to see if I can get the .ape file back to .wav and burn it on a CD.

Thx a lot anyway

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I never used ape file but I dont think youre supposed to convert it to wav, this will most likely just worsen the quality

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!