Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Till I Can Read My Personal Message?

Poster
    The error returned was:

You Do not have the required amount of posts to use the PM system
    Not to be in a great hurry or anything, but how many posts do I need to get a chance to read my P.M.?

And if it is a great amount does this not encourage spamming?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    5 posts will do it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    I think the reason why admins have it is because few people were just create an account and send pm's to members about advertisements, obscene stuff etc. etc. Also, it makes little sense that when a new member join he/she will have tons of pm's without even posting 5 messages.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by I.am@13 February 2004 - 18:16
    I think the reason why admins have it is because few people were just create an account and send pm&#39;s to members about advertisements, obscene stuff etc. etc. Also, it makes little sense that when a new member join he/she will have tons of pm&#39;s without even posting 5 messages.
    LOL 5 isn&#39;t gonna change that hell 5 spam posts and look you can spam some more &#33;

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Poster
    Five posts&#33;&#33; Really so this post is my fifth and I should be able to finally read my P.M. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

Thanks for the help.....

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Originally posted by DynastyIain@13 February 2004 - 17:46
    Five posts&#33;&#33; Really so this post is my fifth and I should be able to finally read my P.M. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

Thanks for the help.....
    Congrats&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by RapFan+13 February 2004 - 12:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RapFan &#064; 13 February 2004 - 12:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-I.am@13 February 2004 - 18:16
    I think the reason why admins have it is because few people were just create an account and send pm&#39;s to members about advertisements, obscene stuff etc. etc. Also, it makes little sense that when a new member join he/she will have tons of pm&#39;s without even posting 5 messages.
    LOL 5 isn&#39;t gonna change that hell 5 spam posts and look you can spam some more &#33;[/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but once there are posts, then we can trace their IP if we need to.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+13 February 2004 - 22:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 13 February 2004 - 22:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by RapFan@13 February 2004 - 12:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-I.am
    @13 February 2004 - 18:16

LOL 5 isn&#39;t gonna change that hell 5 spam posts and look you can spam some more &#33;
    Yeah, but once there are posts, then we can trace their IP if we need to. [/b][/quote]
    What if the user(s) are using Proxy Servers?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    h1
    Or hopping around on different dial-up servers or abusing their university (me) / company connection?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@13 February 2004 - 12:36
    5 posts will do it.
    good to know

tyvm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast