Thread: Winamp 5.02

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yeah, so i dl'ed winamp 5 beta a long time ago and just didn't like it so i went back to winamp 3. so, today i decided to dl winamp 5 again and it was 5.02. winamp 5 is a lot better now, but i still can't find the cross fader. does it have one? i really enjoy that option! a lot of ppl down winamp 3 cuz they say it sounds terrible. i have no idea what their talking about. sounds the same to me, i think.... anyway, winamp 3 has a crossfader and winamp 5 doesn't. so, will probably go back to 3. is there really a difference in the quality of music between the two? and why is winamp 5 better than 3? thx!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by mr. nails@13 February 2004 - 20:03
    yeah, so i dl'ed winamp 5 beta a long time ago and just didn't like it so i went back to winamp 3. so, today i decided to dl winamp 5 again and it was 5.02. winamp 5 is a lot better now, but i still can't find the cross fader. does it have one? i really enjoy that option! a lot of ppl down winamp 3 cuz they say it sounds terrible. i have no idea what their talking about. sounds the same to me, i think.... anyway, winamp 3 has a crossfader and winamp 5 doesn't. so, will probably go back to 3. is there really a difference in the quality of music between the two? and why is winamp 5 better than 3? thx!
    Winamp 2.9x is still tops in performance according to many people - it ain't got the built-in video shit sidetracking the developers, for a start - but v5 is more configurable than v2 and I've heard less buggy than v3.
    Make of that what you will.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i've heard that as well, but does winamp 5 carry a crossfader?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thx $
    Alamo Drafthouse!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    oh and to disable the pop up nag check the option in the advanced settings tab [ctrl]-[p]