Thread: What If?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    what if instead of buying the asus p4p800 deluxe i got the abit IC7 875 chipset mobo? the ic7 is cheaper than the p4p800 deluxe. how would my performance vary? does the abit support prescott cpu's?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    according to hardocp, the p4p800 deluxe performed better than the ic7-g, which is better than the ic7. wat do u guys think?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 February 2004 - 05:10
    according to hardocp, the p4p800 deluxe performed better than the ic7-g, which is better than the ic7. wat do u guys think?
    I think there will be very few people here with access to both mobos in order to make a direct comparison in the way that hardocp will have done.
    Whatever the board manufacturer's claim, the proof is in the pudding and performance can only be compared when both boards are tested in identical setups, thus we rely on sites such as anandtech, hardocp, tom's hardware et al.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    so i should stick with my current board? but hardocp is the only site that has rated these 2 boards.

hmmmm.......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    If you current one works fine for you why should you change it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    the ic7 is a 875 chipset and mines a 865. not much difference, since most of the reviews say that this board performs the same if not better than 875's with pat enabled

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 February 2004 - 06:02
    the ic7 is a 875 chipset and mines a 865. not much difference, since most of the reviews say that this board performs the same if not better than 875's with pat enabled
    LOL You should be a politician.
    You answered stupidguy's post without actually answering his question.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Keep your mobo, unless you are going to get free shipping on shipping the mobo back to newegg or whever you got it, (which you wont)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Smurfette+14 February 2004 - 01:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 14 February 2004 - 01:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@14 February 2004 - 06:02
    the ic7 is a 875 chipset and mines a 865. not much difference, since most of the reviews say that this board performs the same if not better than 875&#39;s with pat enabled
    You answered stupidguy&#39;s post without actually answering his question. [/b][/quote]
    havn&#39;t considered that yet. i&#39;ll think bout it. lol

ok. i&#39;ll keep my mobo. it&#39;s stable and cool rite now, so i&#39;m happy. and scores are decent. thanks guys

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 February 2004 - 06:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 14 February 2004 - 06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Smurfette@14 February 2004 - 01:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power
    @14 February 2004 - 06:02
    the ic7 is a 875 chipset and mines a 865. not much difference, since most of the reviews say that this board performs the same if not better than 875&#39;s with pat enabled

You answered stupidguy&#39;s post without actually answering his question.
    havn&#39;t considered that yet. i&#39;ll think bout it. lol

ok. i&#39;ll keep my mobo. it&#39;s stable and cool rite now, so i&#39;m happy. and scores are decent. thanks guys[/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s probably best to not consider other competing products after buying new hardware, due to the speed with which improved models are released. There&#39;s always something new coming out that you could wait for.

Similarly, I keep hearing people say things like, "Blimey, I paid £95 for my DVDRW drive two weeks ago and there it is for £85 now... I wish I&#39;d waited."
    Daft, really. Why wait just that little bit for a little saving when you can wait longer for a bigger one? Doing so will mean you never buy it because prices are always dropping until it&#39;s discontinued, by which time there&#39;s a new model that you can wait for a saving on... forever.

After I buy stuff I don&#39;t look at comparison sites or prices for that group of products for quite a while afterwards, just so I don&#39;t feel bad.