Have you ever wanted a color picker that is professional, but easy to use and loaded with features, well here it is Color Cop 5.0. This little program features a eyedrop color picker, you can convert RGB decimal values to HTML hexadecimal, convert hexadecimal to RGB decimal values. A magnifier control that will allow the user to magnify any part of the screen, including magnification with levels of 1x-16x. 3 by 3 and 5 by 5 average sampling instead of sampling just one pixel, a 3 by 3 or 5 by 5 area of pixels will be averaged to get a color. This is important when sampling colors from photographs because you can get closer to the color the human eye sees. Many more features are included give it a try!
Here is a list of the features in Color Cop 5.0
1. Magnifier - The Magnifier control will allow the user to magnify any part of the screen. Once an area is magnified, the eyedropper can then be used to select colors. This will improve the ability to select colors from areas with lots of colors or from small icons.
2. Variable magnification levels - This feature allows the user to change the power of the magnifier. There are 16 magnification (1x - 16x). The user can change the level by spinning the mouse wheel while magnifying, or clicking on the clicking on the plus and minus buttons in the window.
3. Magnify while eyedropping - This option is on by default and allows the user to see a magnified area while eyedropping. The pixel that is being selected will appear in the magnifier window with a black square around it. [v5.3+]
4. 3 by 3 and 5 by 5 average sampling - Instead of sampling just one pixel, a 3 by 3 or 5 by 5 area of pixels will be averaged to get a color. This is important when sampling colors from photographs because you can get closer to the color the human eye sees.
5. Snap to WebSafe color - Some designers are forced to use the 216 color websafe palette. When this options is enabled, only websafe colors can be selected. If a color is selected and it is not websafe, it will be converted to the nearest websafe color. Websafe colors have RGB decimal values which are multiples of 51 or zero.(0, 51, 102, 153, 204, and 255)
6. Detect WebSafe color - With this option enabled, color cop will indicate if the color selected by the eyedropper is WebSafe or not. [v5.3+]
7. Relative position measurements - If you press the Control key while eyedropping the coordinates will be set to zero (0,0). When you drag the mouse to a new location the coordinates values will be relative to the point where you pressed control. This is very useful if you want to measure how pixels a certain object is. Note that if you get a reading of 8,8 the area you just measured is really 9,9 because the zero row and column are included. [v5.3+]
8. Minimize to systray - This will give the user the option to minimize color cop to the system tray, rather than to the taskbar.
9. Multi-language hexadecimal color support - the selected color can be displayed in either HTML, Delphi, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, or Visual C++ format. It will also be sent to the clipboard if the option is enabled. RGB Int and RGB Float modes are new in v5.3 RGB Int mode will output the color as 128,64,0 (R,G,B). RGB Float mode will output the color as 0.50,0.25,0.00 Alt+[ will decrease floating point precision and Alt+] will increase floating point precision.
10.Upper and lower case hex - gives the user the option of having uppercase or lowercase hex output.
And a whole lot more!