Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Gta: Have Your Say!

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Official PlayStation 2 Magazine wants your ideas for the next Grand Theft Auto game to send to Rockstar.

For reasons too dull to really get into, we've been playing Vice City again in the office today. And after a few moments an unnamed member of the team (okay, me) had this to offer, "You know what, guys? Vice City is really, really good." Having been mercilessly laughed at by the others for making the most spectacularly obvious statement in the magazine's history, I've spent the rest of the day pondering just how good the next GTA might be.

Will it really be set in San Andreas? Is 50 Cent going to star? Will the world stop spinning on its axis when the first screenshot appears? After a while, I started wondering what you, dear reader, are hoping for. So here's the plan. You send us your ideas. We pass them on to Rockstar North. Well, what are you waiting for? Start scribbling, and fire off an email to [email protected].
    Source

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    i say it should be based in the 80's (or 90's if vice city was 80's).of ofcourse thier would be new cars,weapons,etc. But i want more interaction. Like if you steal a police car, you can find out were a crime is going on, and maybe give you some shock feedback when you get closer to the area. It would sorta be funny to have somebody hold up a rusty browns only to have tommy come in and beat em' with a lead pipe, then then the cops would give you your money for helping out, but then just start saying things like how did you find out about the robbery, were did you get your car.....(yes this was a lame idea)

3. Games   -   #3
    I think they should come out with an online version. Join gangs, gang wars, etc...
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    -70's setting. Think Starsky & Hutch , only less silly.
    -Bigger backstory.
    -Major story "arc" rather than the disjointed missions of VC.
    -More indoor scenes , better on-foot controls.
    -Improved damage model - think current rally games.
    -Branching story line , what you do affects the story.
    -Licensed cars. Never gonna happen.
    -Extended hand-to-hand combat moves (eye-gouging ?)
    -Bicycles !
    -Pimping sim ?

5. Games   -   #5
    ya, i agree. GTA needs better hand to hand combat. But dut i dont know about a bicycle. The only thing fun about one of those is to shoote at people riding them and see how much faster they pedal. Actually, GTA needs some ragdoll physics, and the ability to arch the whirly's blade toward the ground in order to slice' and dice' unsuspecting individuals, but make it to where when you actually do hit someone, the whirly won't blow up (although i can't say the same for chopping cars). [Removed due to complaints]

6. Games   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@14 February 2004 - 07:57
    Is 50 Cent going to star?
    Oh please God, NOOOOOOO!!!

7. Games   -   #7
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    I hope they go back to liberty city in the 90's(or 2000 w/e it was)but the map should b bigger or maybe in a nother part of liberty, but just so it has that dark city look
    then the only way it would be good is if they make the game more like gta2 with your choice of which gangs to work 4 and the more u please 1 gang, the more another may hate u, and u can chose the path 2 take, gta should stray FAR, far away from the "story" based game and make it more like actually working 4 what u want 2, where no1 will have the same exact game(unless they chose 2)

EDIT: and i like the music from vc so i hope if the new game is set in 2004 or w/e that it has a wide range of music and not soley based around 50 cents

PS. i sent my idea 2 the creators, what do u guys think the odds r that there reading all of our sumbissions and taking them 2 heart
    tYiA

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@14 February 2004 - 12:02
    -70's setting. Think Starsky & Hutch , only less silly.
    -Bigger backstory.
    -Major story "arc" rather than the disjointed missions of VC.
    -More indoor scenes , better on-foot controls.
    -Improved damage model - think current rally games.
    -Branching story line , what you do affects the story.
    -Licensed cars. Never gonna happen.
    -Extended hand-to-hand combat moves (eye-gouging ?)
    -Bicycles !
    -Pimping sim ?
    Its Grand Theft AUTO you jackass, not exactly an RPG.

9. Games   -   #9
    Its Grand Theft AUTO you jackass, not exactly an RPG.
    Eh ? Since when are bicycles the pinnacle of RPG's ?

Seriously , I wouldn't want to miss the joyriding/skullbashing/shooting bystanders. I just think they got the
    AUTO
    bit nailed , so now Rockstar can focus on the rest.

10. Games   -   #10
    you should be able to update the cars with the money you earn. A garage where u can buy better engines, tyres, etc. so u could build a super car (tank).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast