Thread: How Do I Test My Av Program With Kl Files?

hi everyone!

what can i start to download to see if my antivirus program can pick it up?

also do i have to stop mcafee firewall eash time i want to use kazaalite or is there another way?

thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    if your antivirus program is up to date it should pick up any virus it knows about just fine. If you want to risk it try downloading some crack files from kazaa, there are a lot of viruses on those. You may try looking for a file called eicar.doc or eicar.zip, this is a virus test file, not really a virus but it will make anti virus programs alert you about it. As far as the mcafee firewall, well I personnelly do not like it, I would disable that even remove it and get me a different one like zone alarem pro, black ice to name a few. You should not have to turn it off just to use kazaa, you should allow the traffic when it prompts you so you do not have to tell it everytime.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    If you want to just check that your antivirus is working then you could download an antivirus check file from: http://www.eicar.org/ If you want a real in the field test/or to test something specific about your kazaa setup then you could download a few cracks from kazaa, if you d'load about 5 random ones your almost certain to get some kind of virus infected file.
    As firefox said there should be some way of configuring your firewall to allow kazaa traffic to go through. Maybe look for help on hte website or in the help files.

If you want more links to firewalls and antivirus stuff, check the pinned topic in Software World.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    h1
    If you really want to, I can email you around 250 virii / trojans. Hit me up by PM.