Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add/remove Programs

does anyone have an idea on how to hide things in the add/remove programs thing for windows XP. say I want to hide the fact taht half-life was installed and have it disappear of the list, so no one knows that its installed and u cant uninstall it from there. I use windows xp pro

I dunno where to put this, so Ill just put in it in the lounge. :helpsmile: fast replys are appreciated, as time is running out!

--------------------------CHIDORI! (Lightning Edge)-----------------------

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    *bump* (is bumping allowed?) :helpsmile:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    A bump after 5 minuts? How can this help? It was already at the top of the page....

Yes it's possible to hide programs in the add/remove programs.
    Guess You'll need to use the regedit for that.
    Have a look there and You'll find.

BOT

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    huh? I dont get it, what am I suppose to look for? :helpsmile: I have only a short while left!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ok thx, I did consider google, but I couldnt think of what to type in and if it would give me accurate answers

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    h1
    Originally posted by h4mx0r@14 February 2004 - 13:59
    ok thx, I did consider google, but I couldnt think of what to type in and if it would give me accurate answers
    Google inaccurate? Never!

There was thread on this here around a week ago, please use the search feature.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    i dont think thats is possibele

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by twister203@14 February 2004 - 19:14
    i dont think thats is possibele
    But this is possible, look at the link ^

BOT

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    FST Retiree
    go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall] in the registry and look through the programs that are installed there. if you find one that you wish to hide, right click on its key and select export to save the information. make sure you save it somewhere you can find it later and give it a name so that you will know what it is (for example, if you want to hide nero burning rom, save the reg file as "nero" so that you will know that is the key for nero) then you can delete the key and it will no longer show up there. this probably isnt the most recomended method of hiding things....but it works. just make sure you know where the backup of the keys are if you ever wish to uninstall them later and you can import the .reg files you exported back into the registry to see the items in add/remove programs again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast