Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stepping Down.

Ex-member
    After some consideration I have decided to step down as a moderator on the KL Board.

Over the past few months, I have found that I just haven't been enjoying coming here at all. There is a lot of sniping, etc. that comes with the job and I accept that, but recently some fairly unpleasant stuff has been going on which severely limits the enjoyment I get from coming here - the various details are well documented around the board, so I'm not going to discuss them here.

As a result, I think it is best that I step down and become a normal member again. I have a lot of commitments to my time just now (University, part-time work, hobbies, social life, etc) and to be frank I need to cut something out. As I'm not at all enjoying moderation of this board, I feel it's the logical choice to step down.

I'll still be coming here as a member, (this isn't one of these melodramatic "I'm leaving the board because you're all horrible to me" posts ), but to be honest being a moderator here just isn't for me any more, so I'm going back to yellow stars now - which 7thElement is hopefully sorting out just now.

Cheers,

Lamsey

PS - for those who are looking for some dirt (who do you think I am, Balamm?), you can find some here.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Originally posted by Lamsey@12 February 2004 - 23:55

I'll still be coming here as a member

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Well, its sad ur steppin down, but at least ur staying....... I remember ur wit from way back when and I think it would be greatly missed by many.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    muchspl2
    wow, you don't need to step down to stop moding, look at bender he hasn't been here in a long time

5. Lounge   -   #5
    why are you leaving, you were voted one of the best mods on the board,So sad but good luck as you are becoming a member like me. Can i be in position as a Mod?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Lamsey@12 February 2004 - 20:55

PS - for those who are looking for some dirt (who do you think I am, Balamm?), you can find some here.

but really bye lamsey see yah brow later!!
    u were a cool mod ,sorry your stepping down but it's good to get a change see yah when yah post

buju

peace

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Well done, you have looked at your life and made a positive decision about it. You need to make changes and have the courage to do so and to explain your reasons for those changes. Few people have the self-awareness to do what you are doing. I hope to get to know you better as you stay here as a regular member. In my opinion you will enjoy yourself more, being free just to post where and what you want. Without the responsibility of being a mod.

:beerchug:

8. Lounge   -   #8
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ZeroTolerance@12 February 2004 - 18:01
    Can i be in position as a Mod?
    *looks up at ceiling* "oh please god no..."

yeah lamsey doesn't make sense u get voted best mod and stepping down. but its good thatt you're acknowledging the need for more time in what matters, real life.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I'd just like to say, you made a good moderator and seemed reasonably fair and just. If doing it is holding you back from personal things, and not giving you pleasure anymore, its seems like a sensible move.
    Glad to hear you're sticking around though.

Now clench you teeth, and take a beating like the next person.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Can't Mouse take over the job?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast