Thread: Sharereactor

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Hi,

The following message is shown to myself upon arrival at ShareReactor...

If you see this, you are still using the old connection to SR. Please refresh your DNS, or make sure you have NOT written sr into your hosts file (if you dont know what that is, dont bother). If you cant, just wait about 24 - 48 hours and this message should disappear, as soon as you use the new connection. Also please keep in mind some functions are a bit limited on the new line, to ensure a fast transition. The latest releases column will NOT update anymore when your on the old line, but news posts will, and of course releases and the category views. Thanks for your understanding an patiance!
    How do I change my DNS?

Samurai

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    im assuming your isp has not updated theirs, give it 24 hours and let them update or query a root dns server.

edit: sharereactors new ip is http://62.2.249.4/ but it is a shared server so god know how to connect to the site. maybe add that ip to your host file as sharereactor.com

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    its back on now

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Hmm...

My DNS address stayed the same, but I'm not getting the message anymore. Hopefully SR is much faster now. If anyone's used SR before you'll know what I'm talking about with the speeds...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@15 February 2004 - 13:37
    Hmm...

My DNS address stayed the same, but I'm not getting the message anymore. Hopefully SR is much faster now. If anyone's used SR before you'll know what I'm talking about with the speeds...
    Yep I know what you mean...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    lemme guess you donated money right?