Thread: Dvd Ripping

Poster
    what app is the best for ripping dvds? do u need a dvd burner? cause i dont have a dvd burner so what is the best dvd ripping app that dosent need a dvd burner?

btw..i got a cd burner and dvd rom.

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Based on your setup (cd-rw and dvd-rom), you are all set to make (s)vcds, which is a video cd. You can play them on many DVD players. www.dvdrhelp.com will answer all of your questions on how to rip and burn a vcd.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Gordian knots for dvdrips(avi) http://www.doom9.org/

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by mojo2185@15 February 2004 - 06:57
    Based on your setup (cd-rw and dvd-rom), you are all set to make (s)vcds, which is a video cd. You can play them on many DVD players. www.dvdrhelp.com will answer all of your questions on how to rip and burn a vcd.
    i know how to convert avi to svcd and kvcd(only use kvcd) but if i have a dvd disc (borrowed from a friend) and wann rip that to my computer how do i do it??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by ck-uk@15 February 2004 - 07:14
    Gordian knots for dvdrips(avi) http://www.doom9.org/
    what is gordian knots?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    So you're into kvcds eh? Even easier. Get the program ACP, it will rip and convert to a KVCD in one click. When you install ACP, it automatically installs DVD Decrypter as well, so if you didn't want to use ACP to make your KVCD, you can still use DVD Decrypter to rip it yourself and encode it yourself. Also, smart ripper is another ripping software. Search this forum for "ACP Kvcd" and you should find some posts on it.

Good Luck,
    -mojo-

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i already use acp to convert to kvcd. ur saysing i can use dvd decrypter to rip dvds into my computer? if so what format will it be and is ther a guide?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3223@15 February 2004 - 18:32
    i already use acp to convert to kvcd. ur saysing i can use dvd decrypter to rip dvds into my computer? if so what format will it be and is ther a guide?
    mojo can u answer my question?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    dvddecryptor will create .vob, .ifo and .bup files, which are the native dvd files.

I think this topic has been covered a thousand times in this forum. A guide should be pinned so beginners can be directed to that.

you can get help here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/convert
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Sorry I didn't reply, my computer is near failing, and we're having some problems getting it booted up... Most my time has been spent trying to backup/move my files

Robert summed it up pretty well. You rip the DVD using DVD Decrypter, and it creates VOB files, which are VERY large, and usually an IFO file, which contains some data about how the dvd works (chapter times, etc...) dvdrhelp is a great resource, many guides there on what you are looking to do.