Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Me Dark Fantasy!

Not to say I don't like dragons, cos I do, I'm just in love with the Anne Rice and Poppy Z Brite books

So could anyone recommend me similar stuff? I'll love you forever

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Bram Stroker's 'Dracula'.
    Holy cornyness batman!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Well, "Wiedzmin" saga has only one dragon (gold one) and for handreds of pages it ain't much, anyway this dragon is mainly presented as a guy.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I highly Recomend Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection, by Nancy A. Collins, its an easy enouf read, (I could never get into Ann Rice's style) its actaly 3 books in one about Sonja Blue, a Living Vampire, I wont go into more detail, there are a bunch of books, but only that one I could actualy find. I really liked it.

D

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Draconos@18 February 2004 - 07:22
    I highly Recomend Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection, by Nancy A. Collins, its an easy enouf read, (I could never get into Ann Rice's style) its actaly 3 books in one about Sonja Blue, a Living Vampire, I wont go into more detail, there are a bunch of books, but only that one I could actualy find. I really liked it.

D
    I could not agree more. There is also at least 1 more book in that series that I've seen and there is supposed to be another in the works.
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Black roses for a blue lady is one of them, and the new one is an anthology, with somthing like 10 short stories involving Sonja Blue, including the one with the Crow.

I just finished it today for like the 7th time, awsome book.

D

7. Lounge   -   #7
    These are the two other titles that i could find with sonja blue, hopefully there is more to follow. A dozen black roses and Deadtown I have&#39;nt read Deadtown yet but I&#39;m sure it will be just as good as the first 4 books.
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Try the Dark Tower series by Stephen King

and The Talisman by the above + Peter Straub.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Try the Necroscope series by Brian Lumly. It&#39;s all about vampires and the battle to kill them before they feed.
    I prefer it to Anne Rice, but only barely. Don&#39;t wory about getting gook 3, for example. The only thing that really makes it a series is that the main character is Harry Keogh the Necroscope.

PS A Necroscope is one who is endowed with the power to talk to the dead. Like you would talk to your buddy, so he chats with the dead. Really good reads. Give&#39;em a try.

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter, it has great characters, great stories, great everything if you don&#39;t mind a less than perfect writing. Hamilton could mind a little more what her characters are wearing every now and then, even if it was quite amusing to see a blue silk shirt turn in to a white t-shirt. The AB:VH series is quite addicting I extremly recomend it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast