Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Futuristic Electric Vehicle

Fastest electric car in the world.

Does 0 to 60mph in 3.6 seconds

http://www.forbes.com/resourceful/business...dl_1021vow.html

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by j2k4+23 February 2004 - 03:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 23 February 2004 - 03:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@23 February 2004 - 00:19
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @19 February 2004 - 05:54
    Well enough put, however the mindless addition of the word "brake" is, I feel, a misguided attempt to enhance the descriptiveness of a term heretofore easily understood.

All in order to recognize such things are measured with a dynamometer?

It&#39;s called brake horsepower because it is actually measured on a brake dynamometer.
    I KNOW that; must you be so stuffy? [/b][/quote]
    I think I knew that you knew that, but i wasn&#39;t sure if you thought you knew that other people didn&#39;t know that, know what I mean?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said but... I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Electric cars are the future&#33;

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As re: the last two posts:

Indeed&#33;

Happy to see the two of you so willing to lend to the normally abnormally high level of obfuscation and vagueness which bedevils our mother tongue.

Could it be that as well as standing to lose several lawyers, solicitors, and barristers we could stand a drastic increase in our population of technical types?

I think so.

No I don&#39;t.

How do I know?

Of course I know&#33;

Honest.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster

@ j2k4 not until April or when ticket&#39;s are sold out bud, keep them crossed, maybe I&#39;ll get another &#036;285.00 speeding ticket on the way home.... :helpsmile:

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by protak@25 February 2004 - 04:52
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

@ j2k4 not until April or when ticket&#39;s are sold out bud, keep them crossed, maybe I&#39;ll get another &#036;285.00 speeding ticket on the way home.... :helpsmile:
    I&#39;ll tell you, quite honestly, that I would be proud of you for getting a ticket thus.

As an aside, the last Hemi (a beautiful orange &#39;70 Charger) I saw being thrashed on the street was owned by someone other than it&#39;s driver; this guy and his roomie (who did own it) were stationed at K.I. Sawyer Airbase, and the car&#39;s owner was on whatever duty they called that long, non-stop B-52 run-up to Alaska, over to Japan, and wherever-the-hell else; the other guy decided to "borrow" the car while he was gone.

We cheered his antics until he slid that gorgeous car upside-down past a crowd of us on the main drag.

We retrieved him uninjured from the wreckage, but his fly-buddy was not amused; we heard later he beat the guy within an inch of his life&#33;

Ah, the memories&#33;

Yes, Protak-

My fingers (and however many toes I can manage) will be crossed for you; GOOD LUCK&#33;&#33;
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234