Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Futuristic Electric Vehicle

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner

Toyota Motor Corp displays its futuristic electric vehicle 'PM' (Personal Mobility with Visual Communication System) at the Energy and Environment Exhibition in Tokyo, February 13, 2004. The PM is a single-person vehicle which, utilizing information technology, offers vehicle-to-vehicle communication regarding each other's position on the road and driving data for coordination.

Source: REUTERS/Toshiyuki Aizawa

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    That things over the top to fancy and sophisticated and only holds one person. I would rather have a fancy golf cart that can hold 3 people.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    They all look like they need a nice dose of "HEMI-POWER".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think the Toyota looks cool.

However, my kids just cast their eyes heavenwards when I say something is cool so it probably isn't - but i still like it.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@18 February 2004 - 10:31
    A Burnt Orange '69 Dodge Dart Convertible with a 426 hemi...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by protak+19 February 2004 - 03:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (protak @ 19 February 2004 - 03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@18 February 2004 - 10:31
    A Burnt Orange &#39;69 Dodge Dart Convertible with a 426 hemi... [/b][/quote]
    Obviously a highly efficient engine. Everyone should drive a car with an 6.9 litre engine producing 20bhp

On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Absolutely

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 4th gen+19 February 2004 - 00:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 19 February 2004 - 00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by protak@19 February 2004 - 03:40
    <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4
    @18 February 2004 - 10:31

A Burnt Orange &#39;69 Dodge Dart Convertible with a 426 hemi...
    Obviously a highly efficient engine. Everyone should drive a car with an 6.9 litre engine producing 20bhp

[/b][/quote]
    All those who actually remember the street-hemi know that BHP ( brake horsepower) is a sissy term invented by sissies in order that they might refer to sissy, underpowered cars.

Real men know that the terms "brake" and "horsepower"
    don&#39;t belong together.

Chrysler made a select few lightweight Darts such as Protak mentioned (though not convertibles) and sold them as factory drag cars: 1/4 mile drag-times in the mid-to-high 9 second range, close to 130 mph through the traps.

On the crappy tires of the day.

I know this doesn&#39;t excite you, 4th gen; it&#39;s an American thing.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@19 February 2004 - 04:49
    All those who actually remember the street-hemi know that BHP ( brake horsepower) is a sissy term invented by sissies in order that they might refer to sissy, underpowered cars.

Real men know that the terms "brake" and "horsepower"
    don&#39;t belong together.

Chrysler made a select few lightweight Darts such as Protak mentioned (though not convertibles) and sold them as factory drag cars: 1/4 mile drag-times in the mid-to-high 9 second range, close to 130 mph through the traps.

On the crappy tires of the day.

I know this doesn&#39;t excite you, 4th gen; it&#39;s an American thing.
    1bhp = 1hp

A mid 9 second quarter is impressive, I respect that. However, stick it in a series of corners or, better yet, a track, and I&#39;ll just laugh at it

The reason I&#39;m not excited about American cars is that they are a large, inefficient engine with jelly suspension, crap brakes and excess weight. Engineered to go very quickly in a straight line and make a good noise, not to drive.

Horses for courses and all that
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast