Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Is An Old Question

uh..all i have is norton antivirus 2002.....that's IT!! i dont' recall installing no firewall, i dont' even know what the fuck that means......

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    is there a sight somewhere that tells me what process's i do and don't need to speed up my BT connection? i have the fastest connection possible locally (cable) yet i see no more than 1 or 3 kb per sec!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@17 February 2004 - 03:13
    uh..all i have is norton antivirus 2002.....that's IT!! i dont' recall installing no firewall, i dont' even know what the fuck that means......
    Then if you wish to fix the problem you need to learn more about computers -- particularly yours.

Norton Antivirus 2002 may include a firewall program in it. You'll need to read up about it.

Also, I hope/presume you've updated your antivirus software. (...using the auto-update or manual update methods inside that program.) If you haven't, new viruses since 2002 may be undetected by that software.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@15 February 2004 - 22:02
    well..i left the default settings of "dsl fast setting" so currently i have downloaded 22 mb and uploaded 21 mb.... so i guess that thing on the bottom of that window is true...you're upload is proportional to your download.....
    Wish that was the case for me...I've uploaded 600MB and only downloaded 150MB. I'm getting abysmal dl rates of around 1/2KB for over a day. Not on a router or behind a firewall either. Sorry to say it but after I get this file I'm not gonna bother with BT....the principle of porportional upload to download is great but in reality I've never experianced that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    muchspl2
    what client or you using
    I most always max out my connection, but I only get popular torrents
    maybe you have xp firewall enabled

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Nah, my XP firewall isn't on. I'm using abc.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    i get popular torrents too, that claim that 22 seeds are there and like, for some reason, i get the same problem......still can't figure out how to resolve it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12