Thread: Longhorn

TClite's Avatar Poster
    I was wondering if it would be safe to partition my pc...say a 4gb one and install windows longhorn the new build, just so i can try it out...see what it has to offer, will it be ok to simply delete the partition after ive had a play with longhorn, and in doing so will longhorn be wiped...

id be using partition magic, but recommendations and advice needed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If you use partition magic you should be able to delete the partition without losing any data on your normal hdd, but you will lose your windows longhorn from that partition.

If you like it and want to keep it, you might be able to upgrade your XP to longhorn without having to do a clean install of windows, that way you wont loose everything on your main drive.

Hope this helps,

stoi

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I wouldn't download Longhorn until it is in it's BETA stage. It's still in it's ALPHA stage.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I've been testing Longhorn 4008 as a dual boot to Xp and I wouldn't recommend you upgrade to it. As far as deleting the partition you set up up Longhorn in, it's safe to do so but I recommend you use Partition Magic.. Longhorn is a great looking Os but it's a long way from being stable. Have fun and good luck!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    definately workin on checkin this out, it looks sharp

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    look at the pic below thats what it looks like.