Thread: 3 Questions

1.) Can I stop Peerguardian from being able to be killed by taskmanager?
    2.) If you can and I need to kill it, how can I kill it? Is there a way to password that method?
    3.) How do I stop soft shutdown? (Press on power button for 4 seconds and it shuts off) (BIOS lets me to Instant shut down or 4 second)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by TheKiler@15 February 2004 - 23:32
    1.) Can I stop Peerguardian from being able to be killed by taskmanager?
    2.) If you can and I need to kill it, how can I kill it? Is there a way to password that method?
    3.) How do I stop soft shutdown? (Press on power button for 4 seconds and it shuts off) (BIOS lets me to Instant shut down or 4 second)
    1.) if youre trying to prevent other users of the computer from shutting down peerguardian, you could always rename the peerguardian.exe file to something else so that they would not know which process to terminate. you could name it something like sysproc.exe or something sneaky like that to make it appear to be important. either that or disable the task manager.

2.) if you rename it, youll know (but others wont) which process to terminate so that you can end peerguardian. if you disable the taskmanager and you have xp, you can use the tskill command from the run dialog to kill the peerguardian process.
    Code:
    tskill peerguardian
    just make sure you dont put the .exe on it.

3.) that involves hardware...not my domain....youll have to wait for a hardware guru to answer that one.

thats a couple options for you.

NOTE: peerguardian.exe may not be the name of your file.....i just used that as an easy reference .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks. I've got the peerguardian up. Now for the BIOS thing.