Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "the New Definition Of Spam"

internet.news
    Posted by 7th Element:

Any post that is either irrelevant to the topic of discussion, or forum is classified as SPAM. A common instance of this is posting nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with that forum or discussion at hand.

If you post a thread directed at a specific member, it may be classified as SPAM. Please use the Private Messaging function to contact members privately about personal matters, or discussions.

My thoughts:

SPAM remains for me as unwanted ad mails and ad topics. And I think the K-Lite
    Board is going to be a few opened place than before. I am thinking of leaving this
    place, but not being less opened. Ok, I know before you could post every little
    thought - and this was ok, completely, as this was a place to share thoughts
    openly. But with the new rules, if the moderator follow them strictly the board
    wouldn't be as same opened as before. If things gonna change furthermore in
    a non opened way, I am unsure to continue staying here. Anyway, I remain
    opened, any you always can ask me anything openly and I will try to help you
    as far as I can.

What would Paul and VB think of you, Marc, making this place fewer opened?
    I totally respect your work as an Admin, as you mentioned you do it as a
    professional and has a lot of experience that surely helps you to decide things.

Sadly looking,

David.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    muchspl2
    What would Paul and VB think of you, Marc, making this place fewer opened? 
    I totally respect your work as an Admin, as you mentioned you do it as a
    professional and has a lot of experience that surely helps you to decide things.

why do you keep talking about them like they are a part of this, move on as they have
    stop trying to bring wwpd (what would paul do) makes no sense

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Guess you are not getting the point

The new forum actually enables you to share your thoughts without others hijacking your post / flaming you.

I don't see how this restricts people from posting at all cause the old lounge still exists.

If you wonder what VB and Paul think about it - just ask them by sending a PM. Since you claim that you have such a good contact with Paul maybe use the contact and drop him a note about what you think.

Marc

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 13:41
    Posted by 7th Element:

why didn't you use your main account?........people will find out who you are!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    internet.news
    Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 15:46
    Guess you are not getting the point

The new forum actually enables you to share your thoughts without others hijacking your post / flaming you.

I don't see how this restricts people from posting at all cause the old lounge still exists.

If you wonder what VB and Paul think about it - just ask them by sending a PM. Since you claim that you have such a good contact with Paul maybe use the contact and drop him a note about what you think.

Marc
    Can you remember threads that have been hijacked before?

I can't remember there had been a chaos with the old rules?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    I am sure I can find at least 100 topics where people talk about stuff and others post STFU.

That's a sort of off-topic / flaming.

Such things won't happen in the new forum

It's like you want to post something about your city and others start to talk about the moon instead to answer you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    the whole point in the lounge was a place to have a laugh and not take anything seriously... not for serious topics

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by masta.z@16 February 2004 - 15:19
    the whole point in the lounge was a place to have a laugh and not take anything seriously... not for serious topics
    Yes, and that's how it still is

The only change is a new forum where more serious discussions find a place

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    A "World News and Events" but not about World News and Events?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 11:16
    I am sure I can find at least 100 topics where people talk about stuff and others post STFU.

That's a sort of off-topic / flaming.

Such things won't happen in the new forum

It's like you want to post something about your city and others start to talk about the moon instead to answer you.
    1 that's why we had a stfu thread
    2 so what if someone fell a lil off topic that's what happens when you start a topic

god all this jus becuz ppl can't handle a lil sarcasim or someone elses views

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast