Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Just Encoed Dog Sosoldiers

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I don't know if you're stupid or just acting it. I had to correct you once before when you

got CBR and VBR mixed up (REMEMBER). It's obvious your a newbie when it comes to movie

encoding, so don't try to give the impression you know more than you do.

Your confusing the importance of "resoltuion" in video and with images in determining the

quality of the picture. With images the picture is static so the resolution is the factor

that determines how good the quality is. With video, where you have moving bits and the tv

display is limited, it works differently, its the bitrate that determines the quality.

The greater the bits per second the more detail in the frame. The larger the frame size the

more bits you would need to keep the quality, but the resolution (frame size) doesnt really

matter when you have the movie on TV.

As you don't understand many things concering bitrate i'll set you a test. download a divx

or xvid movie from kazaa and encode it at 8000kb/s and then use my method of 2000 to 4000

kb/s VBR, keep the resolution the same for both at 720 x 576.

Copy the movies on a dvd-r and compare the quality of the movies. Then tell us how much

better the quality is of the 8000kb/s to the 4000kb/s (max).

You CANNOT better the quality of the source file however much you fiddle around with the

bitrate or resolution.

look at this link http://www.dvdrhelp.com/glossary?B#Bitrate and this one

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:N8Dtw...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 for what the bitrate does.
    You can also search on google for other sites about info on bitrate and those tat know will

tell you the same.

Why the hell do i have to put up with this kind of lameness. Someone else please put this guy straight. I don't normally lose my temper, but this guy is really pissing me off
    Robert00000

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Originally posted by ck-uk@18 February 2004 - 18:26
    The source quality has nothing to do with it.
    WTF. Are you saying the source file has nothing to do with the quality of the movie you can create?

So lets say if you downloaded a movie thats vcd quality to put it on a dvd you would re-encode this at 8000kb/s and and expect to get dvd quality picture? Thats
    Robert00000

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    BANNED
    got CBR and VBR mixed up (REMEMBER)
    Not mate i've never been confused between cbr vbr

It's obvious your a newbie when it comes to movie

encoding, so don't try to give the impression you know more than you do.
    ok mate ,if you need any help or guidence let me know

As you don't understand many things concering bitrate i'll set you a test. download a divx

or xvid movie from kazaa and encode it at 8000kb/s and then use my method of 2000 to 4000

kb/s VBR, keep the resolution the same for both at 720 x 576.

Copy the movies on a dvd-r and compare the quality of the movies. Then tell us how much

better the quality is of the 8000kb/s to the 4000kb/s (max).

You CANNOT better the quality of the source file however much you fiddle around with the
    There you go again mate ,the source and its quailty has nothing to do with it.The bitrate controls the motion n movement,if you create a dvd regardless of the source ,you need a high bitrate to keep it fleunt,the lower you have it the more jekkyness on movement ,hence the reason for up to 8000 bitrate.

Like i said if you need any help from someone experienced and understands encoding,just let me know and i'll be glad to help you

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Robert00000@18 February 2004 - 21:03
    So lets say if you downloaded a movie thats vcd quality to put it on a dvd you would re-encode this at 8000kb/s and and expect to get dvd quality picture? Thats
    You're confused mate.

what ever you encode from you encode a dvd which has to be a certain way regardless

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    A bit rate of 2000 would make a low quality DVD from a 1 disc xvid, let alone a 2 disc source. 4000 is really the minimum you should be looking at.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    BANNED
    Yeah mate its what i'm tring to get through to him.It dosnt matter if you're encoding from a 10 min donald duck vcd or a 2cdxivd

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    BANNED
    Ok mate i've re-read through to tri to understand you.What you're getting confused with mate is theres a rule to encode to a certain size and the use of vbr ,and thats what you're a basing everything on.You need to learn about video and what is before you start to manitpulate it to do such things

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by Skillian@19 February 2004 - 08:19
    A bit rate of 2000 would make a low quality DVD from a 1 disc xvid, let alone a 2 disc source. 4000 is really the minimum you should be looking at.
    To quote my original post:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

This will give you smaller sized movie, which means you can fit 2 to 3 movies on one dvdr disk.

I've managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of movies on one dvd-r disk with only a tiny loss of visible quality.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've converted many different divx and xvid movies at different bitrates over the years and there is hardly any noticable difference if you set the bitrate to 2000 (minimum) and a max. of 4000 (vbr - as i've suggested) than that higher when you put this on a dvd-r and view on a tv (thats what we have been talking about - watching with dvd player).

Are you suggesting the tiny loss of quality (which is hardly noticable to most people) that allows you to put more movies on one disk isnt worth it?

We are talking about VBR aren't we? which ranges from (my setting) 2000 to 4000 depending on the requirments of each frame to keep the quality.

Most proper SVCD's (not the cam versions on bittorrent) are encoded at about 2500kb/s and most people think its near dvd quality and more than acceptable. VCD's are encoded at about 1150 kb/s CBR and in most scenes (close up slow moving) the quality is excellent.

By using 2000 to 4000 VBR you are shifting the higher bitrate to where its needed (action sequences to maintain quality - i.e no fuzzyness)

EDIT: I use this setting all the time because it offers the best quality to size ratio.
    Robert00000

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Originally posted by ck-uk@19 February 2004 - 08:38
    Yeah mate its what i'm tring to get through to him.It dosnt matter if you're encoding from a 10 min donald duck vcd or a 2cdxivd
    NO. Thats not what you have been talking about. You don't understand that the bitrate determines the quality and size of the movie.

I want to ask you 2 questions.

1) What do you think determines the quality of the movie? (defining quality as the detail and the sharpness of the picture)

2) Do you think a typical divx/xvid movie (which is usually about 700 to 800 meg in size, very few are larger than that) when encoded at 2000(min) 4000(max) VBR would be much worse in quality than that encoded at 8000 kb/s?

Your answers to these questions will tell us how much you understand about encoding.
    Robert00000

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    BANNED
    your whole post mate seems to be you judging,and deciding ,over me.......since the fuck when mate,huh?? theres a few of my movies on nova,go and watch one if you want to decide if i know about encoding.And instead of "you" deciding anything,maybe you can ask someone or maybe someone else can offer any comments

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast