Thread: Codec Packs Conflict With Wmp 9

Have had some real problems with Windows media player 9 on win 2000 pro
    this all began after installing the k lite codec pack which is working well any suggestions are appreciated

Bud

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    More details would be helpful.

It difficult to solve a problem if we don't know the problem

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Old Fella
    Don't use WMP. Use Videolan.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i'd remove wmp 9 from my hdisk.

no problem.
    media player classic rulez

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    YALFOUCBYA

Yet Another Load Full Of Useless Comments By You All

my suggestion is to try getting back with a restore point (that on xp)

the other thing is to always unistall evry codec b4 installing a new release

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Silly me have listening to all of you and followed your advises, can't even restore my comp now, and I have no player that works.
    Now I can't watch Teletubbies before I go to sleep

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    dear pelle, im the one who had the problem with wmp 9, i had the error message saying wm828026, and you posted in my thread saying if i find the cure, to email you and you posted your email address, remember? well i uninstalled my k-lite mega codec pack and everything started working again yippy
    also, you were correct on acting upon these peoples advice, they will resolve the problem for you eventually but you just need to be more precise in your explanation have a look at that thread again on the previous page

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Dear Mask, Yes You are right, it was you that had the problem with WMP9, I just had a similar problem with mine WMP9 and I thought I could learn something from threads posted with similar problem B) .
    Well, I have learned something, we all have different preferences and there are not 1 answer to all problem.
    I did just the oposite as you did. I re-installed K-lite Codec pack 2.04, I think it is, and be surprised now. IT WORKS AGAIN

and I think I was kind of precised in my desciption, I even mentioned the error message in my correspondence
    Anyhow now it works and I can watch teletubbies again

Pelle