Thread: Worm Found

I am a new user to KaZaa... The past week I have been downloading games from software.. My computer was fine until upto today which Ive been experiencing computer problems such as lock up,freezes,no close,runs slowly. It was so bad Ive had to reboot my comp several different times. So I decided to run a virus scan.. The results were phenomial/not good.. My scanner found the worm called "Duster.3" in almost all my downloaded games ".exe files" I have deleted these files and my computer is in normal running condition. I just wanted to let all of you out there know that this worm exists here in KaZaa. I am running version 2.4.1. I suppose from now on I'll be checking the files first before I install or run them. Good Day...

-Jason

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by NewUser84109@17 February 2004 - 09:52
    I am a new user to KaZaa... The past week I have been downloading games from software.. My computer was fine until upto today which Ive been experiencing computer problems such as lock up,freezes,no close,runs slowly. It was so bad Ive had to reboot my comp several different times. So I decided to run a virus scan.. The results were phenomial/not good.. My scanner found the worm called "Duster.3" in almost all my downloaded games ".exe files" I have deleted these files and my computer is in normal running condition. I just wanted to let all of you out there know that this worm exists here in KaZaa. I am running version 2.4.1. I suppose from now on I'll be checking the files first before I install or run them. Good Day...

-Jason
    You will find that there are more Viruses and Worms on Kazaa Fastrack than anywhere else. If you are going to download games and software you should scan everytime. Also use an offline scanner such as Trend Housecall in case your scanner dosent pick up the virus. Use your scanner on at least a weekly basis

: : :

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I believe you are right about that.. Im sure there are a lot more viruses and worms on KaZaa.. I already have an offline virus scanner but I'll pick up trend housecall as well. I will be more cautious about it now and thank you for your reply and help petman.

-Jason

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Dont waste your time with kazaa, use overnet https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showforum=57 or bittorent https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showforum=59

Also use verified hashes https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=86867 instead of search..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by NewUser84109@17 February 2004 - 05:10
    I believe you are right about that.. Im sure there are a lot more viruses and worms on KaZaa.. I already have an offline virus scanner but I'll pick up trend housecall as well. I will be more cautious about it now and thank you for your reply and help petman.

-Jason
    I would never download any software from Kazaa. They are all viruses and fakes. For example, according to Symantec, the Chemsvy virus copies the following files to the shared folder and shares it in Kazaa

Copies itself to this folder as the following files, setting the Hidden attribute within them:

aViS 0_0_1 alpha1.exe
    Half Life 2 HACKED SOURCE CODE SELF-EXTRACTOR.exe
    Battlefield 1942 CD-KEY Generator.exe
    Max Payne 2 CD-KEY Generator.exe
    Norton AntiVirus 2004 Pro Activation Key & Serial.exe
    Nero 6.xx Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Fifa 2004 CD-KEY Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Call of Duty CD-KEY Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Need For Speed Underground CD-KEY Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Norton Antivirus 2004 PRO Reg-Code Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Halo PC CD-KEY Generator.exe
    Norton Internet Security Reg-Code Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Norton Anti-Virus 2004 Reg-Code Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    CloneCD 4.3.1.7 Reg-Code Generator (WORKING!&#33.exe
    Nero 6 Ultra Edition Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Adobe Photoshop CS (8.0) Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Registry Mechanic 2.1 Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Fifa Football 2004 CD-KEY Generator.exe
    Microsoft Office 2003 Professional ACTIVATION-KEY Generator.exe
    Windows XP Pro ACTIVATION-KEY GENERATOR !!!.exe
    Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King CD-KEY Generator.exe
    ACDSee 6.0 PowerPack Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Norton SystemWorks 2004 Pro Reg-Code Generator.exe
    Getright 5.02 Reg-Code Generator (NEW WORKING!!&#33.exe
    Source

Not to mention that there are so many other viruses that do the same thing on Kazaa... IRC too. That's why you should never download any software file on Kazaa. I would say it is only good for music.... but I can't even say that anymore. With the RIAA flooding the Fasttrack Network with annoying screeching mp3s. If you want to download software, use Emule and verifieds from Sharereactor

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by Petman@17 February 2004 - 03:03
    Also use an offline scanner such as Trend Housecall in case your scanner dosent pick up the virus.
    i believe he meant ONline virus scanner .

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    I got the benjamin worm once :">
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!