There has been a lot of talk about Gay marriages in the news lately. A poll said %60 of Americans are against it. I don't understand why people are making such a fuss, and how the government can even begin to think they would have the right add that kind of intolerance into the constitution.
I was talking to my boss today, and he had two reasons for being against it. He was raised to see it as a sin, and he said that if you allow gay marriages then next we will be allowing polygamy, and then pediphelia and beastitiality which would cause the downfall of the entire country. He based this on past governments that failed, like the roman empire. I think this is rediculous.
First off all, if it a sin, then that's religion, so the gov. can't use that reason anyways. Also, although some do decide to be gay, many others don't have a choice, they just are. How can you deny a basic right to someone who is born differently from others? Do the retarded have less rights? As for saying it would be the downfall of our country, I didn't know how to respond. I can understand allowing polygamy. If that is what works for people then I see no reason why they can't. But pedophelia is usually without the consent of the child, there is no good argument to allow it so the line wouldn't not continue to be pushed back as he said.
Perhaps someone can give me a better insight on where he is coming from, and I would also like to see a poll as well.
1. COMPLETELY AGAINST GAY MARRIAGES AND CIVIL UNIONS, AMMENDMENT SHOULD BE ADDED TO CONSTITUTION
2. AGAINST GAY MARRIAGES AND CIVIL UNIONS, AMMENDMENT SHOULDN'T BE ADDED TO CONSTITUTION
3. AGAINST GAY MARRIAGES BUT FOR CIVIL UNIONS, AMMENDMENT SHOULD BE ADDED
4. AGAINST GAY MARRIAGES BUT FOR CIVIL UNIONS, AMMENDMENT SHOULDN'T BE ADDED
5. FOR GAY MARRIAGES, THEY HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERY ELSE, BUT IT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE
6. FOR GAY MARRAIGES, THEY HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS, IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL