View Poll Results: What are your views on Gay Marriage?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Against Marriage and Civil Union. Should be in Constitution

13 100.00%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by alpha@18 February 2004 - 02:55

Whom they allow in is the business of the people who own and run the churches, isnt it?

the Church and religions have no say who worships...that's up to God surely (this comes from a non religious person)

As to gay marriage i see no problem, even though the thought of gay sex is repulsive to me personally i am not offended or worried about someone being gay. It doesn't make them evil.
    Constitutionally speaking in my country i would say that this is supposed to be the land of the free and free speech prevails...yes i agree that people should be able to dissaprove of gay unions but they don't have the right to stop them and gay unions should have the same legal standing as hetrosexual unions.
    To make or keep gay unions illegal is on a par with the segrigation of races that once existed.
    ALL MEN ARE EQUAL (WOMEN INCLUDED)

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by Arm+18 February 2004 - 07:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 18 February 2004 - 07:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alpha@18 February 2004 - 02:11
    For gay marriages.
    But i don&#39;t think they should shoved down the throat of any religious group that doesnt accept them. Preservation of culture etc.
    Why not shove gay marriage down their throat? They shoved their beliefs down everybodys throat so we should do the same. [/b][/quote]
    I can assure you, no gay man has ever shoved anything down my throat.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    I don&#39;t see a problem. Why should I care. It not harming anyone or anything. So why not.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@18 February 2004 - 21:15
    I don&#39;t see a problem. Why should I care. It not harming anyone or anything. So why not.
    I just don&#39;t want them to

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by Agrajag+18 February 2004 - 21:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agrajag @ 18 February 2004 - 21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@18 February 2004 - 21:15
    I don&#39;t see a problem. Why should I care. It not harming anyone or anything. So why not.&nbsp;
    I just don&#39;t want them to [/b][/quote]
    I am losing the thread a bit here.

You still taking about your throat?

The vote on this has definitely lurched towards the tolerant. I seem to recall the last vote being less so (although I think tolerance won the day in the end).

What actually happened in the US with regards the legal petitions, most of the lower ranking news items have rightly been pushed aside by the explosian in Iran.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    My dear Fugley

My most humble apologies.

Ahem *cough*

The bigots are enduring a right royal arse kicking

err... is that better?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Its magic baby!
    Lots of people get married without a church... whats the real issue here.. is it whether two people off the same sex should be allowed to be seen and excepted as a heterosexual couple. Is it whether gay marrige is right under the laws of religion. Is it whether religion still functions or it has &#39;gone to the dogs&#39; (lost integrity, kinda).

Personally i think they should do what they want and if the churches say that they won&#39;t marry because it is a holy union for only heterosexual children of god then they should just live together or seek some other type of marrige, but &#39;god&#39; said man has free will so it is there right to chose there lifestyle.

If the rules of society don&#39;t allow that then society is going against god and it shouldn&#39;t bemarried
    Wiz.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Poster
    In Canada gay marriage is legal for know. To each his own right? Not&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I&#39;m sick of turning on the TV and seeing two guy&#39;s kissing, or whining that they want some additional benefit. This is not sending a positive message to today&#39;s youth. And I&#39;m definetely tired of the whining about equal right&#39;s, it&#39;s a daily thing in the new&#39;s here. I also believe that a gay couple should not be allowed to adopt a child. No I&#39;m not gay nor a religous fanatic, just good old family values.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by protak@18 February 2004 - 19:35
    In Canada gay marriage is legal for know. To each his own right? Not&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I&#39;m sick of turning on the TV and seeing two guy&#39;s kissing, or whining that they want some additional benefit. This is not sending a positive message to today&#39;s youth. And I&#39;m definetely tired of the whining about equal right&#39;s, it&#39;s a daily thing in the new&#39;s here. I also believe that a gay couple should not be allowed to adopt a child. No I&#39;m not gay nor a religous fanatic, just good old family values.
    not all of Canada, only in Ontario and Quebec, i think....

this whole thing is spinning out of control

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+18 February 2004 - 23:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 18 February 2004 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-protak@18 February 2004 - 19:35
    not all of Canada, only in Ontario and Quebec, i think....

this whole thing is spinning out of control [/b][/quote]
    Ya j_b_r I could&#39;nt agree more, and I know it&#39;s in Ontario, but I&#39;m not sure of Quebec either.

Cheers
    Tim

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast