Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harddrive Not Detected

Poster
    i installed a new harddrive today but when i klick on workplace ( arbeitsplatz ) its not detected whereas its detected by the bios , i also reformatted today and during new install xp also detected the drive so whats up ?

i already have i drive -its got 2 partitons , on one is the os

my new drive is gonna only be used as a storage place , its of the same make as the other -just bigger( same stats - 7200rpm 8mb cache etc )

the drive with the os is jumperd to master and also is on master cable . the second drive is jumpered to slave and is on the slave cable if u know what i mean so that should work - it has before as my old drive was connected the same way

edit : in hardware setup its also detected
    Open your mind

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Install partition magic mate,it should be able to sort it out.There seems to be a lot of this problem lately.Evrybody seems to be buy-in new harddrives

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Rght-click on My Computer and select Manage.
    In the window that pops up, click on Disk Management near the bottom.
    You should see the drive appear in the lower pane on the right, right-click and partition it.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    cheers ive used that prog bfore so that should be no prob but why is my drive not detected that is more intresting ?
    Open your mind

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by nanotek@18 February 2004 - 06:22
    cheers ive used that prog bfore so that should be no prob but why is my drive not detected that is more intresting ?
    Are you saying that the drive does not appear in Disk Management?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    doublecheck and make sure the jumper settings are correct on the drive.

Disk Management does not always get the job done. It would be nice if it could then you wouldnt have to use third party software

Also, parttion magic

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nanotek@18 February 2004 - 05:22
    Its not that its not detected mate ,theres just no info on the drive to know what or how its going to be used,once you set it as primary or what ever and format it with a file system on it it'll be fine

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by nanotek@18 February 2004 - 07:22
    like smurfette said, you need to go to diskmanagement, here you can assign drive letters to the disk(s)

after you've done this, it should all work..........

you dont really need PM unless you wanna perform some crazy stunts with your HDD
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Storm+18 February 2004 - 10:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm @ 18 February 2004 - 10:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nanotek@18 February 2004 - 07:22
    like smurfette said, you need to go to diskmanagement, here you can assign drive letters to the disk(s)

after you&#39;ve done this, it should all work..........

[/b][/quote]
    It would be ok mate if you knew what you were on about.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    ok just wanted to report what happened - i got it setup smoothly with pm , now im startin to add 100gb of music that got wiped last time , gonna by a long nite for sure
    Open your mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast