Thread: Help I Need Info On Queues!

Poster
    i normally leave a download going as im at work, i come across a lot of queues and am worried about if i put myself in one and leave for work, will the connect time out? u get the ping/pong thing and im stil really unsure about the auto accept

ehat happens when u start the download after being in queue? does the auto download just start, it doesnt as you whcih folder to save file to? how do i set this up?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    this is what you need to do,

go to Tool > Options

in the dialog that comes up click on the DCC label

in the "ON Send request:" section select the "Auto-get File" radio button and check the minimize box next to it

then in the "If file exists:" drop down menu select "Resume"

in the "On Chat request:" section select the "Auto-accept" radio button

now move to "Options" under "DCC"

in the "On completion" section check only Send and Get on the Close window line

time-out in seconds should be left alone, DCC ports should be configured if you have a hardware router/firewall to the ports you forwarded through

make SURE that the SHOW WARNING check box is EMPTY ( you can set everything else up fine but if you dont uncheck this, when the download starts it will display a warning and the download will timeout)

move to the "Folders" section
    select the "default" line and put it where you want ( you can leave it alone if you choose )

go to the "Ignore" section Method = Disabled and uncheck the Turn ignore back on in: checkbox

that should be it, when the file is ready you should auto-accept the send and mIRC will save it without asking you anything

please read the pinned topics for graphical guides

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mines all set up now, but is there a ket entry that tells what spot in line your at?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    no there is no key entery u can put to know ur queue position BUT the bot will send u info about ur queue # every a lil time and also the estimated time till u download and thats in the main channel (notice sometimes the time is less and sometimes it takes more)
    how ever u can get a script for mIRC called xdcc clipper i use it myself
    it comes with 2 manager xdcc manager that catched the announced packets in the channel and another manager (queue manager) that catchs ur queue no. when the bot announce it in the channel.. if u want it search for it on irc
    good luck

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i managed to get the auto accept going but the que thing on mirc is pointless&#33;
    if you time outs its over,
    like i say im at work an cant just type a letter ever few minutes or log back in to the bot
    how can i solve this problem, how can please stay in queues?

say i get in a queue and its long long one, i go to work and get home, its timed out&#33; probs just time out 20mins after i left the house but if i were to get back home and log back into the server would my queue position still stand? will my queue posistion stick until i typed the command for it to be removed?
    and what if i came to the end of the queue when i had timed out? does it check to see if im in, if not does it just discard me so to speak? and move to the next in queue?

thanks for the help guys
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bilko@3 March 2004 - 14:49
    say i get in a queue and its long long one, i go to work and get home, its timed out&#33; probs just time out 20mins after i left the house but if i were to get back home and log back into the server would my queue position still stand? will my queue posistion stick until i typed the command for it to be removed?
    and what if i came to the end of the queue when i had timed out? does it check to see if im in, if not does it just discard me so to speak? and move to the next in queue?

thanks for the help guys
    if you drop out you&#39;re out. I think some bots hold your queue position but certainly not for long maybe for just a few minutes.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!