Thread: Movies To Big For My Free Website

Hi,

I have a website with 150m.com and they dont allow files over 1meg if you dont pay...i am wanting to add some funny movies to my site but most of the movies i have are 2meg to 5meg...and are in different formats: .mov, .asf, .avi etc...what software can i use to compress the file size?

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    try another free host.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by -=Cyrus=-@18 February 2004 - 08:40
    Hi,

I have a website with 150m.com and they dont allow files over 1meg if you dont pay...i am wanting to add some funny movies to my site but most of the movies i have are 2meg to 5meg...and are in different formats: .mov, .asf, .avi etc...what software can i use to compress the file size?

Thanks 
    You could try splitting the files and have people watch them in parts.

Or Livy's idea might be more suitable...........either that or pay for one

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by shn+18 February 2004 - 16:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 18 February 2004 - 16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-&#045;=Cyrus=&#045;@18 February 2004 - 08:40
    Hi,

Thanks
    You could try splitting the files and have people watch them in parts.

Or Livy&#39;s idea might be more suitable...........either that or pay for one [/b][/quote]
    yep, splitting is the best option, otherwise you can zip it up or even reduce the quality of the movies to make them smaller.
    Robert00000

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zipping will not really work because the avi, asf, or mov are already compressed format and they will not zip any smaller, best solution is to find another place to put them because most people will not want to watch them in separate parts.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    you could always have a split rar archive
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by ObiWan@18 February 2004 - 18:53
    you could always have a split rar archive
    yeah that would proberly be best

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    If you&#39;re limited to 1 MB per file then they&#39;d have to be some pretty short videos, but I think the best program for converting across multiple formats is EO Video. You can also get some good compression with Virtualdub, but your input format is limited to avi or mpeg.