Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Heat Question

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    it would probably heat up pretty easily, but would be useless as a coolign method, as the ehat wouldnt get dispearsed, and would just build up

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Livy@18 February 2004 - 23:02
    it would probably heat up pretty easily, but would be useless as a coolign method, as the ehat wouldnt get dispearsed, and would just build up
    ok forget that idea...one more idea: if i was to have a HUGE heatsink that was really really big would i need to have a fan on it or would the heat spread so much that a fan would be useless? *by big i mean like 1 meter by 1 metre lol, dont know if that is possible, but if there was some way of mounting it onto a computer i mean.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    u can get away with large heatsinks on older cpu's without fans, but i doubt u would get away with it easily on newer ones.

i suppose in theory it would be possible, but in reality maybe a diff story

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Livy@18 February 2004 - 23:10
    u can get away with large heatsinks on older cpu's without fans, but i doubt u would get away with it easily on newer ones.

i suppose in theory it would be possible, but in reality maybe a diff story
    i see, but older cpus barely need a fan on the heatsinnk nevermind a giant heatsink with a fan.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    using a thermalright slk900 you can use almost any processor with it and run it fanless. i wouldnt receomend it, but its possible to do, youll just have pretty high temps (high 40s/ low 50s).
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    well, you could if you made it HUGE, but then you risk crushing the processor....much easier to have a weeny one with a decent fan.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    With processors getting more and more powerful (and presumably hotter) what do you think will be the solution for future cooling?

I can't imagine fans getting bigger and more noisier.

Talking about fish and chips has made me hungry. Need food

Off to the shop i go (to get chicken and chips)
    Robert00000

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    they might start thinking of new watercooling systems that are lighter and more rugged than existing ones so they cant break when beinng shipped\moved. or maybe peltiers will become more common with maybe a heatsink of their own to coll them wwhich should keep iot about as loud as todays heatsinks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@19 February 2004 - 21:41
    they might start thinking of new watercooling systems that are lighter and more rugged than existing ones so they cant break when beinng shipped\moved. or maybe peltiers will become more common with maybe a heatsink of their own to coll them wwhich should keep iot about as loud as todays heatsinks.
    Something like this should help http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/thyd/ne1.../coolants.html
    Robert00000

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Robert00000+19 February 2004 - 18:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert00000 @ 19 February 2004 - 18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@19 February 2004 - 21:41
    they might start thinking of new watercooling systems that are lighter and more rugged than existing ones so they cant&nbsp; break when beinng shipped&#092;moved. or maybe peltiers will become more common with maybe a heatsink of their own to coll them wwhich should keep iot about as loud as todays heatsinks.
    Something like this should help http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/thyd/ne1.../coolants.html [/b][/quote]
    a little over-board dont you think?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast