Thread: This Page Has Been Blocked By The Hosts File

Hi... When I installed k-lite 2.6 rc14 and i visited a blocked site (ie: shop.kazaa.com) i would get the error msg of "This page has been blocked by the hosts file" or something along those lines. Alas, I decided to revert back to k++ 2.4.3 because the new version was crashing my router, so my question is how do i get these custom error msgs with k++ 2.4.3... Because when i try to access a blocked page, I just get the default dns error... Help!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    You want to use the modified HOSTS with KL 2.4.3 ? It has it, when you install it, it also installs Hosts Manager and with this you can setup the HOSTS.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    go to "my computer>c:drive>windows>system32>drivers>etc>here you see a file called "hosts" open it with notepad and add or delete what ever sites you like

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I know all about the hosts file, thats not what i am asking... When you install k-lite 2.6 and visit for example shop.kazaa.com you get redirected to localhost and a message appear saying "This site/picture is blocked by the HOSTS file!", wheras with older versions it redirects to localhost and you get the default windows dns error... wtf???

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    Cache Error!
    An error of type 500 occurred: Unable to connect to remote server.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Generated by tinyproxy (1.5.3)

that is what i get with 2.4.9

as for 2.6 its an rc version and not complete and full of bugs so i don't even know what to tell you.

i don't even know why you are using that version, its missing all kind of stuff, for example the extensions

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    found the answer... there is a tiny webserver in khancer that does the dirty work!